Notices

Boyne Thunder feedback!!!!

Old 07-15-2012, 09:41 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Boyne Thunder feedback!!!!

Hope everbody had a great X!!!!! Weather was great, awesome bunch of hardware! Anyway, did U Like the new course????? I have got some feedback that lunch was slow 4 alot of people!! new lunch stop & Charlevoix was packed from us & an art fair go'n on!! fire away!! Thanx
Old 07-15-2012, 10:05 AM
Registered

Received 165 Likes on 65 Posts

It was a little rough for lunch but you're dealing with a lot more people now. I also think the run is too long. I just think anything over 100 miles is just burning gas and it's hard on equipment. It is a great run that is VERY well run. Well other than that one punk with the new Nortech.
Old 07-15-2012, 10:20 AM
Registered

Received 115 Likes on 34 Posts

Great party for the Marshall Boats!!!! Missed the Poker dinner, but we made up for it!!!
Old 07-15-2012, 10:48 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wrinkleface
Hope everbody had a great X!!!!! Weather was great, awesome bunch of hardware! Anyway, did U Like the new course????? I have got some feedback that lunch was slow 4 alot of people!! new lunch stop & Charlevoix was packed from us & an art fair go'n on!! fire away!! Thanx
I think its a great idea that you're asking for feedback! Other poker run organizers, take note! Nice work!
Old 07-15-2012, 02:52 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Had a great time! No real big complaints. A few minor things, I agree it could be a touch shorter, liked the route though. The parade lap was a bit out of whack, I think a lot of guys didn't get what was going on. Just a thought, if there are going to be this many boats every year the pack ought to be broken up into 3 groups and the start staggered a bit more. When we left the channel at Charlevoix the second group had already caught the first group and pretty much the whole pack tried to get up on plane at the same time, the back of the pack caught a lot of nasty wake action. Lunch was a bit slow but that is a lot of people to get through the local pubs at lunch rush on a busy weekend, hardly unexpected. You guys did a great job, nothing is ever as planned, and this was the best run I have been involved in to date.
Old 07-15-2012, 03:32 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hotjava66
Had a great time! No real big complaints. A few minor things, I agree it could be a touch shorter, liked the route though. The parade lap was a bit out of whack, I think a lot of guys didn't get what was going on. Just a thought, if there are going to be this many boats every year the pack ought to be broken up into 3 groups and the start staggered a bit more. When we left the channel at Charlevoix the second group had already caught the first group and pretty much the whole pack tried to get up on plane at the same time, the back of the pack caught a lot of nasty wake action. Lunch was a bit slow but that is a lot of people to get through the local pubs at lunch rush on a busy weekend, hardly unexpected. You guys did a great job, nothing is ever as planned, and this was the best run I have been involved in to date.
agreed on the parade lap, normally in the past we have done 2 groups, thought we would try sump'n dif & add 2 that 20 + more boats than our highest count from the past & it did not go as expected!! Glad ya made it up Bud!!!
Old 07-15-2012, 04:59 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had a great time, and the parade lap actually helped us bc we had a late launch (deckhand under the weather after a LONG night... Haha) so we got underway as everyone was curving back around. I enjoyed the long run. The marina bar could have stayed open a little later, but oh well, we didn't need anymore anyway
Great looking boat by the way
Old 07-15-2012, 05:47 PM
Fast Priorty II Nor-Tech
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

All good had a great time above commits have merit dinner was the best. Need to revisit stereo wars
Old 07-15-2012, 06:30 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

We also had a great time. If I could pick one thing to complain about it would be the start. Part of the reason we come to this event is to see the "big dogs" and in years past being in the slow group allowed us to get a few miles in front of them and then watch them race by. This year they all blew past us on lake charlevoix and hit the big lake before anybody. So we never got to see them run at all. So apparently the 3 person speech about going 55mph on lake charlevoix did not pertain to them. If I had a boat like that I would be wound up and ready to race as well, but at least the staggered start helps us little boats. Lunch was also interesting, everywhere we went had a 45 minute wait or more, which we did not have time for. But overall we still had a ton of fun and the locals really do embrace the event.

Last edited by NKissau; 07-15-2012 at 07:15 PM.
Old 07-15-2012, 06:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will have improvements next year. Your comments are welcome as no event is perfect but we learn and improve next time around. Thank you everyone.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.