Notices

Belleville Poker Run

Old 07-29-2012, 03:41 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Belleville Poker Run

Cudos to Bill and the countless others who put together the PRA and Powerboating Canada Poker Run Event this past weekend in the Bay of Quinte out of Belleville.
43 boats showed up with only five weeks of preparation for this run and it was very well organized and was a spectacular cruise though some very scenic waters. Profits went to Prostrate Cancer.
The stops in Picton and of course Belleville had great marinas and we had a fabulous lunch at Trenton. Weather was perfect and waters were calm. Couldn't ask for a more perfect day...
PRA 46 Fountain was there for a pace boat and they also had others volunteering as other pace boats and checkpoints. Snap on Donzi was there and a Nortec, Some Scarabs and Baja's as well as some cool California made boats called "Howards"(never seen one of those and there were 2!)
The nice thing about this poker run was that not only was it the big boys of 100mph plus, but anyone could enter the run with a cruiser or runabout and do a shorter course. It was fun for all and after all its all boating no matter what your seated in...as long as it's on the water!
Should be a great run next year!

Last edited by Stinger390X; 07-29-2012 at 07:01 PM.
Old 07-29-2012, 04:03 PM
Registered

Glad it went well!!! How did the boat run??
Old 07-29-2012, 06:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by n20michael
Glad it went well!!! How did the boat run??
100mph all day long and low and behold we did not break anything this time
We had one small incident where the Port engine quit and we thought we lost the drive again and it turned out the teather fell off. We plugged it back in and away we go!!!

Had a great time. Hope to see you in two weeks at Kingston. If I can get the other guy in gear and off his ass, we should have the Profile ready to run that weekend. We will have the Cat for sure and possibly the Profile. (got one engine left to install and needs to get buttoned up)
Old 07-30-2012, 01:43 AM
Registered

That's great news! Glad you had a good time! See you in Kingston in a couple of weeks!

Michael
Old 07-30-2012, 08:34 AM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 20 Posts

"Five weeks of preparation" So this was the first one? I dont remember ever hearing about a PR in Belleville. Years ago I used to go to Belleville Water Fest every year with the boat and it was a blast with live bands and everything then it turned into Bellevile Multicultural Days or something and we stopped
Old 08-04-2012, 08:28 AM
Registered

Yes...surprizingly it was started by a guy named "Turnbull" and it took five weeks, the Mayor, Tourism office, Coast guard and Poker runs America to sanction the event and it took five weeks of hard work.
I couldn't believe the turnout for such short notice and the day was perfect and the water and scenery was outstanding!

They are already talking about next year and it is going to be better and bigger

check out the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6N_fo1z5I8I

(I'm in the yellow Spectre Cat)
Old 08-04-2012, 01:54 PM
Registered

Thanks for posting video!