Old 08-21-2012, 04:09 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 Offshore Hero Poker Run-Solomons Island, MD Sept 15

2012 Offshore Hero Poker Run

When: Saturday September 15, 2012
Where: Solomons Island, MD

After much deliberation, and a little arm twisting, we have decided that not only is the Offshore Hero Poker Run coming back this year but it is going to be better than ever.

Oh yeah and did I mention cheaper...with cash prizes and many more fun surprises. The specific details will be completed this week and a list of events and locations with registration information will be available.

More importantly this year we have decided to donate a majority of the proceeds to help a young woman in her fight against a deadly disease. Some of you may remember Melissa Smith who is a bartender at the Whiskey in Annapolis where the CBPBA has our monthly general membership meetings. For those of you that are not familiar or those that may not have heard the latest about Melissa I have included a letter from her sister that explains it all.

There is also a separate fundraising site set up for her Help Melissa Smith if you cannot make it to the run but would still like to help out.

The poker run will be leaving Solomons Harbor at 11:00 am and heading across the Chesapeake Bay for a great wide open cruise to Palm Beach Willie's in Taylor's Island, MD where we will have pool party with lunch. After that we will be heading back over to the western shore for a card stop before heading on to Vera's White Sands and Beach Club for the finale party. Once we get to Vera's we will be taking over the beach area to continue the fun with the playing of the hands and a Bikini Contest.

The finale party will be open to the public for a $20 per person donation that will go directly to help Melissa. We will have a celebrity guest judge for the contest, Streetbike Tommy from Nitro Circus, and the remaining spots will be auctioned off for the charity.

I have included the registration form at the bottom or you can go directly to Offshore Hero Poker Run Online Registration to sign up.

We hope to see everyone this year for another great event. Any questions feel free to contact me at [email protected] or 240-882-3557.

Smitty
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Melissa story.pdf (147.7 KB, 81 views)

Last edited by Smitty1035; 08-22-2012 at 07:40 PM.
Old 08-21-2012, 07:36 PM
Registered

How many miles? Would be alot of fun with the race boats?

Mike O
531 WHOZ YOUR DADDY
Old 08-21-2012, 10:33 PM
Registered

I have never been in a poker run before but I'm thinking about it. Do you have to have a really fast boat for it?? Or is 80 MPH fast enough??
Old 08-22-2012, 12:20 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GoFastSonic
How many miles? Would be alot of fun with the race boats?

Mike O
531 WHOZ YOUR DADDY
Mike we have had other race boats and racers in years past, they had a blast. The run will be about 60 miles.

Originally Posted by Lucky1456
I have never been in a poker run before but I'm thinking about it. Do you have to have a really fast boat for it?? Or is 80 MPH fast enough??
We tend to have boats running between 50 and 120 mph so you will be sure to find some boats to run with. We also run a pretty laid back run so it is not a problem for a first timer.
Old 08-22-2012, 01:20 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Sounds like a fun run for a good cause. I called Vera's and was told that I can't leave my truck/trailer there. Any suggestions from the locals on where to launch/park? (37 AT with a big step, so I need a little depth). Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 08-22-2012, 03:41 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by ecstatic
Sounds like a fun run for a good cause. I called Vera's and was told that I can't leave my truck/trailer there. Any suggestions from the locals on where to launch/park? (37 AT with a big step, so I need a little depth). Any help is greatly appreciated.
Vera's is offering overnight slips on Saturday night for the poker run teams and we have room for trailers in Solomons by the boat ramp close to where the start of the run is. The boat ramp is located in Solomons underneath the Solomons Island bridge. That is also where the dry pits will be for the races.

Like Ted said in his earlier post this is a laid back run with plenty of time at the stops to socialize with the other teams. The total distance is actually right around 70 miles so usually an easy run for most boats on a single tank.

All of the race teams are also welcome to join us as well. We have had a few teams join us in the past and they had a blast. If any of the teams are interested just send me a PM or email me at [email protected] for the details.
Old 08-30-2012, 08:49 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

TTT

Old 08-31-2012, 07:56 AM
CBPBA's Walmart Greeter
VIP Member

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Looking forward to this, should be a lot of fun.

-----------------------------------------

CHESAPEAKE BAY POWER BOAT ASSOCIATION
'http://www.cbpba.com'

"Experience is something you don't have until just after you need it."
Old 09-03-2012, 08:04 AM
Registered

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Keith
Looking forward to this, should be a lot of fun.
Its going to be a great time! Smitty always puts on a great run!!!!
Old 09-06-2012, 11:12 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Spots are filling up fast, get in now while there are still rooms available.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.