Super Chiller Performance >

Super Chiller Performance

Notices

Super Chiller Performance

Old 09-16-2012, 08:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Super Chiller Performance

Has anybody installed super chillers under roots blowers and what kind of power can you expect to gain? Also are there any problems running chillers? The manufacture is claiming 75 to 150 gains.
Old 09-16-2012, 09:00 PM
Registered

Received 239 Likes on 92 Posts

should work fine if you have the room(height) to install them, also need a seperate water pick up source to supply cold water, expect more like 35 , but with a cool air charge you can bump up the timing,
Old 09-16-2012, 09:04 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

the power gain will vary depending on your setup,but anytime you cool the air/fuel charge hp will increase,the power increase comes from running more boost that the innercooler lets u run.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:00 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by abones
should work fine if you have the room(height) to install them, also need a seperate water pick up source to supply cold water, expect more like 35 , but with a cool air charge you can bump up the timing,
Separate pickup not needed. In fact a separate pickup is more drag and can slow you down.
Old 09-20-2012, 07:13 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

If i had some extra cash to burn, and wanted to up the power, I'd consider a water/methonal injection kit.
Old 09-20-2012, 07:22 PM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

I'm putting chillers and 420s on my motors as well. How do you guys plumb off the strainer without causing problems with the sea pump sucking air? Check valve or pressure relief?
Old 09-20-2012, 07:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JRider
Separate pickup not needed. In fact a separate pickup is more drag and can slow you down.
Been there before, if set up correctly the minimal drag is so slight the power gain produced by the chiller you truely wont notice, but they require a large amount of cold water(before the motor) to work correctly. don't cut the supply to the motor, been there done that, and learned from it. I guess the HP range makes a big difference, 700 HP you can get away with it. But everyone has decide for themselves, just my opinion.....
Old 09-20-2012, 08:25 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I feed the chillers from the ram pressure of the LWP on the drives . You don't want any water @ idle ... it will cause fuel to puddle and made for a snotty idle . Engines our fed with offshore hull pick-ups thru separate strainers .

I added the chillers and blowers to my N/A engines and saw a increase from ( 616 hp na ) to (785 hp @ 7 psi boost ) ( 5 psi after the intercooler ) 496 cid ( 9.4 static compression ) Timing @ 30 degrees ( 93 octane )

You will have to run some pop -off valves to regulate the pressure ... I try to keep it around 12 -15 psi @ WOT .
Old 09-20-2012, 08:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 737jetmech
I feed the chillers from the ram pressure of the LWP on the drives . You don't want any water @ idle ... it will cause fuel to puddle and made for a snotty idle . Engines our fed with offshore hull pick-ups thru separate strainers .

I added the chillers and blowers to my N/A engines and saw a increase from ( 616 hp na ) to (785 hp @ 7 psi boost ) ( 5 psi after the intercooler ) 496 cid ( 9.4 static compression ) Timing @ 30 degrees ( 93 octane )

You will have to run some pop -off valves to regulate the pressure ... I try to keep it around 12 -15 psi @ WOT .
Yes that is a nice set up, perfect, I too run a max of 15lbs of water pressure, I agree with the water at Idle, good point, sound like a real set up. Top speed?
Old 09-20-2012, 10:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm running a seperate transom p/u for just the intercooler that is force feed to a strainer then into the intercooler, has worked well on my Whippled Smallblock, making 595 HP @ 6psi of boost, I originally had the intercooler off the sea water pump and it was not supplying enough flow/pressure to both the engine and intercooler, because it's force fed theres no flow at idle and as speed and boost goes up on the engine so does the flow on the cooler, works very well IMO.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.