dyno question, engine question

Notices

dyno question, engine question

Old 09-17-2012, 08:14 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dyno question, engine question

i had my engines dynoed, the price was 600.00 per engine plus parts. the carbs were 1150 dominators, these are 540s, brodix alum heads, they said the carbs were too big, i was charged about 1500.00 to make the carbs work does this sound like i was overcharged!!!!! for that price i could had bought new carbs, before i bought the 1150s i called and was told they would work. im sick to my stomach over my build. i had them do some stuff before and was happy about it, but i think this time something is wrong, i took two shortblocks to them two pair of heads that needed work around the water ports, bought 2 new intakes, cams,lifters, and all new rings,bearings,etc, blocks did not get bored, or any crazy stuff, was charged about 15.000.00 i feel like i was overcharged, they didnt make the power that they were supposed to make.plus i dropped them off in march was told they would be ready in may, well then june,july, and finally before labor day they were done.6months later and 15000.00 later there ready, but down on power and over priced, what do you guys think.
Old 09-17-2012, 09:28 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fixx

Originally Posted by johnnyboatman
i had my engines dynoed, the price was 600.00 per engine plus parts. the carbs were 1150 dominators, these are 540s, brodix alum heads, they said the carbs were too big, i was charged about 1500.00 to make the carbs work does this sound like i was overcharged!!!!! for that price i could had bought new carbs, before i bought the 1150s i called and was told they would work. im sick to my stomach over my build. i had them do some stuff before and was happy about it, but i think this time something is wrong, i took two shortblocks to them two pair of heads that needed work around the water ports, bought 2 new intakes, cams,lifters, and all new rings,bearings,etc, blocks did not get bored, or any crazy stuff, was charged about 15.000.00 i feel like i was overcharged, they didnt make the power that they were supposed to make.plus i dropped them off in march was told they would be ready in may, well then june,july, and finally before labor day they were done.6months later and 15000.00 later there ready, but down on power and over priced, what do you guys think.
sorry but yes it sounds like they over charged you...even if they paid for the cranks rods and pistons and thats about 5k..averive engine build is if you were to take the complete engine to a machine shop you could get it done for around 5k..and thats with good parts..

as for the carbs C&S usually charges around 300.00 per carb to dial them in..
Old 09-17-2012, 09:41 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

hate to say it but i think they got you,i agree the carbs are a little to big,i wish u would have sent them to me,i could have saved you money and im sure we could have made more power.
Old 09-18-2012, 07:41 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

well they wont ever get another dollar from me, and mike next time i will call you.
Old 09-18-2012, 03:39 PM
DRP
Registered

This really pisses me off! I know there a some good builders on here that are honest, but most other ones are just liars and thiefs! I wish the good ones that are on here were closer to me so I could have had them do mine. You live and you learn though. What I learned is that if I would have just spent the extra money to send my engine to who I wanted rather than finding someone that was close enough to me to bring it to, I would probably be money ahead, less stressed and I would have faith in the build.
Old 09-18-2012, 04:20 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So the old saying "pay me now or pay me later" gets credit after all.

Hope all turns out for the best.
Old 09-18-2012, 04:37 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Who was the builder?
Old 09-18-2012, 06:55 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

Was there a detailed explanation of what the did to the carbs that they charged you 1500$ for?? I know alot of shops charge time and materials for certain things which gives them a open ended check book but still, that charge alone seems off the scale!!!
Old 09-18-2012, 07:31 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 387 Likes on 156 Posts

Dean Nickerson will build you two new stage V racing carbs from scratch for about $1500.00 .
Old 09-18-2012, 08:49 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

i got a list of parts that were put on the carbs, the sad thing is these were pulled off a friends boat cause someone had put them on 509s and they were way to big for that! i wont say what shop YET! but its coming if they dont look at the invoice and see where they overcharged me. ive dealt with them before and never had a issue, and 6 months when he said 3 thats what sucked my boat has been in my shop tore down all summer. and some of the stuff i was charged for were on the carbs like j tubes, i know thats a small seal but they were on the carbs when i dropped them off. its just the small things add up, seems like everytime they looked at the engines it was money!!!!!!

Last edited by johnnyboatman; 09-18-2012 at 08:52 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.