Notices

Weiand superchargers

Old 09-26-2012, 07:32 AM
dcb
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Weiand superchargers

Who is everyone using for the 575sci supercharger rebuilds? I have two Weiands with about 260 hours on them, and I want to be proactive and have them checked/gone through over the winter.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, good luck with that!

Sorry for the sarcasm but after one of mine failed this year it's been nothing but a pain in the azz trying to locate parts/reliable service. Apparently now that Holley owns Weiand and B&M they have pretty much shelved the roots style blowers. Jeggs and Summit still carry them for automotive but don't offer service that I know of.
So, after having to end my season early, I'm replacing both of mine with Whipples. Twin screw units are more efficient, more reliable and IMO the way to go.

p.s. come spring I'll have the old blowers (one bad), intake manifolds and throttle bodies up for sale...or for donation to a maritime museum!
Old 09-26-2012, 10:24 AM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

I've got 340 hours on mine. They have front and rear oil sumps. I've replaced the bearings and seals twice and all has been good. It's pretty easy. Just put everything back where it came from. Mark the rotors, timing gears and shims. I don't even pull the throttle bodies.
When The Blower Shop finally gets a snout for their replacement 575 blower I'll buy them. They're supposed to be better. Funny part is that their rear bearings are greased like the 575 blowers that fail all the time opposed to being in an oil bath like mine that have prooven to be better.
Old 09-26-2012, 12:29 PM
Registered

Received 1,206 Likes on 579 Posts

Originally Posted by dcb
Who is everyone using for the 575sci supercharger rebuilds? I have two Weiands with about 260 hours on them, and I want to be proactive and have them checked/gone through over the winter.
DMPE Give Brian a call.
http://www.dmpeinc.com/superchargers/
Old 09-26-2012, 12:41 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Rookie
+100! Great people, they are getting mine soon, doing bearing cage upgrades and adding Teflon strips to the rotors. The Teflon can add 2 psi of boost without spinning any faster

He spent 30 mins on the phone with me, they know these blowers well.
Old 09-26-2012, 04:32 PM
dcb
Registered
Platinum Member

Thanks for the info 4bus, did they give you an estimate?
Old 09-26-2012, 05:41 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by dcb
Thanks for the info 4bus, did they give you an estimate?
He told me if I had to do everything, new bearings and all I was looking at 1500 for both with Teflon. However, I only have 60 hrs on them so we will see what they look like inside.

Also depends on what generation blowers you have, the later ones need more mods to prevent failure. I have the first gen.

Give them a call. Parts are relatively inexpensive, and he will talk you through all options and why they ate needed or not. They know their stuff
Old 09-27-2012, 06:32 AM
dcb
Registered
Platinum Member

I have one of each, prices seem reasonable, thanks alot for the info.
Old 09-27-2012, 06:58 AM
dcb
Registered
Platinum Member

I also read somewhere here on OSO that dustin whipple said that teflon strips on a 256 marine blower was not a good idea - why?
Old 09-27-2012, 07:29 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 4bus
+100! Great people
X2.....they did both my blowers last winter and did all the mods.....ran great all season...... 2nd time I went through these blowers and both are still in great shape because of that.......I have the older(better) style front and rear oil bath...... price was very fair also........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.