Notices

Cumberland Thunder Run 2013

Old 09-27-2012, 05:18 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Cumberland Thunder Run 2013

Just trying to plan ahead for the Thunder Run next summer & It looks like the Grinder Hill Marina Lodge is the only place to stay. Whats the best place to stay lodge, cottages or "sasafrass suites"? Nearest hotel i could find was 35 miles away in Glasgow, KY. Jamestown Marina?? but it seems to be a ways down the lake.
Old 09-27-2012, 07:09 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We get a house boat and stay at the dock but you must enter the run..or go to Lake Cumberland .com , for more info.or try State Dock Lure lodge. Its a good time.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:29 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Grider Hill is def the best place to stay for that weekend, you have camping, lodge, and boatels to choose from, there are hotels in Albany KY about 15 miles from Grider Hill. We will be updating the website www.cumberlandpokerrun.com with new dates and info for 2013 soon, looks like the 5th Annual Lake Cumberland Thunder Run will be June 21-23 2013
Old 09-28-2012, 12:05 PM
Registered

Thanks for the information i wanted to plan ahead it dosent look like that big of a place and i didnt want to be 15 miles away. Plugged the dates in on the calender for next summer!
Old 09-28-2012, 12:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by tman
We get a house boat and stay at the dock but you must enter the run..or go to Lake Cumberland .com , for more info.or try State Dock Lure lodge. Its a good time.
Were you at the Old Hickory Run this year? My wife and i met some folks form Cincinatti that were on a Fountain Red/White/Black Executioner.
Old 09-28-2012, 12:15 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

The rooms at the Lodge at Grider Hill def go fast, the boatels usually take a little longer to go, although we did have boatel row full with the exception of one boat I think last year, we will be having meeting with Grider Hill in the next month or so and will let everyone know what the rates/ availabilty will be.
Old 09-28-2012, 02:25 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by bigredbaja
Were you at the Old Hickory Run this year? My wife and i met some folks form Cincinatti that were on a Fountain Red/White/Black Executioner.
Yes thats us we talked after the lunch run and at dinner with the Browns. You will like this run.
Old 09-28-2012, 02:29 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Smile

Originally Posted by 20outlaw
The rooms at the Lodge at Grider Hill def go fast, the boatels usually take a little longer to go, although we did have boatel row full with the exception of one boat I think last year, we will be having meeting with Grider Hill in the next month or so and will let everyone know what the rates/ availabilty will be.
Boatel for me.
Old 09-28-2012, 08:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by tman
Boatel for me.
Whats the boatel? not familiar with that set up.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:02 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Rental Houseboats that stay at the dock.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.