Notices

Boyne Thunder 2013

Old 10-11-2012, 08:38 PM
Registered

Received 115 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Boyne Thunder 2013

The board is talking about setting registration to 85 boats this year. Will not have enough docking, but will give people a chance to do the run that way. Dinners and everything else will be included. Just looking for input. I was ok with it. Not trying to get crazy with the run, just did not like having to turn people away this year. It takes a slow pace at adding boats just to be able to keep up with quality of food and all other things included in the weekend.
Old 10-21-2012, 11:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife and I just did a trip to Michigan over the weekend and fell in love with the area. We would love to bring the Hustler up next year. When is the run and what does the route consist of, i'm definitely interested in this run.
Thanks, Steve
Old 10-21-2012, 02:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by NEVERSATISFIED
My wife and I just did a trip to Michigan over the weekend and fell in love with the area. We would love to bring the Hustler up next year. When is the run and what does the route consist of, i'm definitely interested in this run.
Thanks, Steve
check out www.boynethunder.com ,or Boyne thunder 2012 on here, then if you have questions we will be happy to answer them. Thanks Bob
Old 10-21-2012, 07:25 PM
Registered

What I know is quality is most important to the group. This year will be the best of the best and we feel w 85 to 90 boats, we can deliver. Past participants will be able to register march 1 and new registrants by march 15. Put it in you planner
Old 10-21-2012, 07:38 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

We pack, and I do mean pack, boats into the host marinas out here on the east coast. It seemed to me like there was room for rafting and such in the host marina which would have made it a little more intimate for those folks who were docked across the way.
Old 10-21-2012, 09:19 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by NEVERSATISFIED
Thanks, Steve
Sounds like we will have a nice little group from OH there next year
Old 10-22-2012, 11:05 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Whooooo Hooo! Had a blast last year, and cant wait to return again for next year.

As much as I'd like to run the poker run again next year, my wife mentioned she'd like to be involved too. If you are looking for volunteers we'd like to be a card stop boat/ or support boat.

I also had a good time just catching lines helping everyone dock, and wouldnt mind helping out alittle around the docks/ launch ramp, maybe help give some of your normal volunteers a chance to run and enjoy the event.

Either way we'll be there again for a week or so with the boat.

Please let me know, Shoot me a pm, or a phone number and I'll be in contact.

Last edited by halfgassed; 10-22-2012 at 11:07 AM. Reason: tarrable spellar
Old 10-22-2012, 04:05 PM
Registered

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

Do you have a minium boat length and do you run in groups by speed?
Old 10-22-2012, 06:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bigboat28
Do you have a minium boat length and do you run in groups by speed?
no min boat size, we will make sure the groups get started correctly this year to seperate the groups. 55mph is the max speed on Lake Charlevoix, and pleanty of room on Lake Michigan to get out of the way of the faster boats if needed.
Old 10-23-2012, 07:12 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BlueOval
no min boat size, we will make sure the groups get started correctly this year to seperate the groups. 55mph is the max speed on Lake Charlevoix, and pleanty of room on Lake Michigan to get out of the way of the faster boats if needed.
It sure would be nice to have three groups in 2013 instead of the two we had in 2012. Even more so with a field of 80-85.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.