Notices

Scam with PayPal

Old 12-28-2012, 11:25 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Scam with PayPal

Selling the boat and just want to know how they can scam a PayPal deal I thought it was secure. I keep getting this crap.

Re: 85 Carrera SS9MFriday, December 28, 2012 10:32 AM
Happy to read back from you. I did go through your advert and I am satisfied with it. I am okay with the asking price and would love to go ahead with the deal right away. I am contacting you via email because that works best for me as I am hearing impaired. Presently, I am on duty and coming to your residence for inspection won't be possible, so you have to assure me that its in condition described. You may now consider me a favorite buyer and if possible withdraw the posting from the site immediately so that I can be rest assured that it is all mine . I don't mind adding an extra $20.00 for you just to take down the posting.

Like I said earlier, I'm very busy with my job as I currently work as a geophysical investigator in the mountains until January 31, so I will be paying you online via my PayPal account which is attached to my bank account because it is the only form of payment that I have access to right now and also because of its good security nature. If you are interested in selling it please provide me with the following information:

1)Your full name
2) Paypal email address,
3)Address for pick up

Kindly get back to me ASAP with the requested information so that I can initiate the deal through PayPal immediately. If you do not have a PayPal account, visit www.paypal.com to create an account. It is very simple to set up and highly secure to deal with.

You will not be responsible for the shipping as my mover will come over to your address for the pick up after I have made the payment and you have received the confirmation of Payment from PayPal.

If you need to reach me send me an email or text message (989) 787-2381 (Text only because I am hearing impaired). I drive in range every 3 hours to check correspondence and respond at that time. Waiting to read back from you with the requested information.

Best Regards,
Rose.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 12-28-2012, 11:38 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 368 Likes on 247 Posts

+1
Old 12-28-2012, 11:59 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

SCAM ALL THE WAY,,Stay Away
Old 12-28-2012, 01:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is the biggest scam on the web for C-list sellers.

I always place in my ads on Craigs that "I DON'T DO PAYPAL, this is a cash sale or 3rd party escrow service transaction"

When I get these reply's I e-mail them back "If you can read English, read this again from my ad "I DON'T DO PAYPAL, this is a cash sale or 3rd party escrow service transaction. "Now Go phuck yourself" then I delete and remove them.

The funny thing is it's always a twist on thew same story
I'm a marine hydrographer out to sea and am buying it for my father etc, the price is acceptable and make me your favorite buyer...

MORONS for sure, but I've always wanted to take one for a ride by accepting, see who shows up, and then asking "where's the cash we agreed on?"

See ya,
Kelly
Old 12-28-2012, 01:54 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Two types of people use PayPal:

Those that have been screwed by PayPal.
Those that are going to be screwed by PayPal.

PayPal ALWAYS will take the word of the buyer, no matter what, always and forever.

I had a guy return an empty box to me, showed where it was delivered (delivery confirmation, no signature required) and that was enough for PayPal to refund him.

Buyer/Seller beware- PayPal SUCKS!!
Old 12-28-2012, 01:57 PM
Registered

ps- in this day and age having a PayPal account is almost as must. I have one, have it linked to a bank account that I transfer money from PayPal to and then transfer it from that account to another account.

No money in the account, no way to refund scammers. Thankfully I've never had to test my method but hoping it works. This is different than fake funds like most internet scams, talking about "good" money coming to me.
Old 12-28-2012, 03:16 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

scam all the way look at the grammar
Old 12-28-2012, 03:19 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by marylandmark
ps- in this day and age having a PayPal account is almost as must. I have one, have it linked to a bank account that I transfer money from PayPal to and then transfer it from that account to another account.

No money in the account, no way to refund scammers. Thankfully I've never had to test my method but hoping it works. This is different than fake funds like most internet scams, talking about "good" money coming to me.
dont think not having money in your account will keep them from getting the money they will get it one way or another they will take you to court and really screw with your credit if needed
Old 12-28-2012, 03:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by marylandmark
Two types of people use PayPal:

Those that have been screwed by PayPal.
Those that are going to be screwed by PayPal.

PayPal ALWAYS will take the word of the buyer, no matter what, always and forever.

I had a guy return an empty box to me, showed where it was delivered (delivery confirmation, no signature required) and that was enough for PayPal to refund him.

Buyer/Seller beware- PayPal SUCKS!!
Not true about PayPal. They are no worse than accepting credit cards. I am an eBay seller and sell $5K items. As long as I can provide proprer shipping and tracking numbers they have always sided with me. Yes sometimes your money is tied up for 30 days but it's the same when somebody makes a credit card claim. Have all your ducks in a row when your the seller and you won't get burned by PayPal.
Old 12-28-2012, 04:43 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you accept payment for anything through paypal just make the buyer make it a personal payment. Since it is a personal deal like a gift or money owed there are technically no goods changing hands.

No goods means no tracking as you are not shipping anything and there is no buyer protection through paypal as your not selling anything. This way once the deal is done, it is done. A person can not try and get money back and paypal will tell you so.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.