california to wi shipping any help >

california to wi shipping any help

Notices

california to wi shipping any help

Old 01-09-2013, 07:55 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default california to wi shipping any help

wow just got my quate to crate and ship my pfaff motors , two motors crates insurance 2200 dollars picked up a somewhat local distribution . seems ridiculously high , but i might be wrong . had a 600 inch bbc shipped to nc for 377.00 three years ago . al i can say is wow didnt see that comming
Old 01-09-2013, 08:58 PM
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can you build crates yourself??? I sent my motors to mark at Precision. I had two pallets, reinforced them, used wood to build posts to screw motor mounts to. Built a skeleton frame and boxed in with 1/2 in plywood.

Fuel prices have driven shipping cost way up..

I have 2 sources that I use to ship stuff. I will let you know tomorrow.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:16 PM
Registered

ah fk it , going to do u ship. from shipping wars . and watch them battle on tv . not
Old 01-10-2013, 05:17 PM
Registered

im hoping that hot bruinette brings me my motors .
Old 01-10-2013, 05:40 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

www.freightbuddy.com
Old 01-10-2013, 06:50 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by riverrat
the $377.00 sounds more like it , call freightqoute 800-323-5441
Jeff A.
You have to be real careful as to how the shipping is quoted as to the CLASSIFICATION, this is a VERY big problem when something gets lost, damaged or stolen in transit!! If you get a shipping quote to ship "a used motor/motor parts" it is fairly cheap and will seem real reasonable (class 50), until it gets wrecked and you find out it is only insured for 55 cents a POUND, I personally know somone that this happened to,carrier offered to pay him 300$ for his BBC that showed up with front crank snout broke off but he had to fofeit the motoe too, Smitty
ALWAYS ask what the insurance covers and its limit etc

"All items that move by ground in the United States are subject to regulations administrated by the U.S. Department of Transportation. Commonly know as the DOT, this agency regulates safe ground commerce by enforcing guidelines for trucking companies that handle freight. The NMFC (National Motor Freight Classification) breaks down all shippable items in categories into which all freight must be properly classified prior to being shipped. To the surprise of many first-time shippers, each classification code affects the cost of transportation. In order to avoid confusion and possible fines for infractions, it is imperative to properly classify freight"

Last edited by articfriends; 01-10-2013 at 06:54 PM.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:06 PM
Registered

pfaff didnt want to be liable for the shipping when i asked if my bill was to my door , i told them i wasnt having any liability except enjoying them , it was a deal breaker for me i told them . they knew where i was from . they said they are insured for 50 k , crates are 375 .oo bucks apiece , insurance was 500 dollars . and the freight was 700 .i guess . alot of coin in those crates. another 2 k ? i dont want the headacke . ll pay . there problem . its alot though
Old 01-11-2013, 02:00 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

For $2200, I would take a day off from work, jump in the truck with the trailer on the back, drive up there and haul them home myself, but I'm a cheap-ass (by necessity). You are obviously in a completely different league than I'm in, since you are buying 2 Pfaff motors. Good luck with it!
Old 01-11-2013, 05:29 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

rob,i have used r&l carriers several times,good pricing and a quality company,give them a call.
Old 01-11-2013, 05:47 PM
Registered

thanks guys .i just wired my final payment to them . its there problem . there paid for . there mine, mine, mine , thanks rob

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.