Tommy Adams Signature boats

Notices

Tommy Adams Signature boats

Old 01-12-2013, 12:23 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Tommy Adams Signature boats

Found an original Signature built by Tommy Adams.He was the person who got himself shot because he crossed someone.
He drove Miss America P-71... which is a copy of a Magnum just with a different deck...we think this was his display boat,based on photos from the Cigarette factory.Needs stringer and bulkhead work,no engines or drives $8,000/best offer Bud
Attached Thumbnails Tommy Adams Signature boats-dsc05492.jpg   Tommy Adams Signature boats-img_1505.jpg   Tommy Adams Signature boats-img_1510.jpg  

Tommy Adams Signature boats-cigarette-factory.jpg   Tommy Adams Signature boats-dsc05478.jpg   Tommy Adams Signature boats-dsc05480.jpg  

Last edited by mr vinyl; 01-12-2013 at 12:44 PM.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mr vinyl
Found an original Signature built by Tommy Adams.He was the person who got himself shot because he crossed someone.
He drove Miss America P-71... which is a copy of a Magnum just with a different deck...we think this was his display boat,based on photos from the Cigarette factory.Needs stringer and bulkhead work,no engines or drives $8,000/best offer Bud
Can't believe it is still around. Nice looking boat! You think that's the same boat from the factory in '79?
Old 01-12-2013, 01:30 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Default Signature

Yes it is ...look at the colors,and there is a new one being rigged right next to it.We will do more research. Bud
Old 01-12-2013, 04:53 PM
Registered

Yes it is ...look at the colors,and there is a new one being rigged right next to it.We will do more research. Bud
Unbelievable! Here's a better copy of the pictures, your absolutely right......looking at the paint job......
Attached Thumbnails Tommy Adams Signature boats-24.jpg  
Old 01-12-2013, 05:15 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Signature boats always had very advanced color work for their day. I spent a lot of time at the factory as a kid. That paint scheme was reffered to as the cottonmouth at the shop, not sure why? A number of 27 left with that paint scheme, as well as a ton of red, white, and blue boats.
Old 01-12-2013, 05:52 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Default Tommy Adams

Ratman,thanks for the clearer picture.Also the other Englishman arrives here tonight. Bud
Old 01-12-2013, 06:34 PM
Registered

Bud What state is it in?. What about a title.
What power did it have.
Thanks nice looking boat.
Old 01-13-2013, 03:33 AM
Registered

Ratman,thanks for the clearer picture.Also the other Englishman arrives here tonight. Bud
Spoke to him yesterday, I think he's looking forward to getting some time working on his boat. Mind you, with the weather the way it is here at the moment, it sounds pretty appealing to me too!!!!

Best wishes........
Old 01-13-2013, 04:17 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Default Tommy Adams Signature

The 27 ft Signature will need new upholstery,rear bulkhead and possibly a floor,need to spend a little more time with it. It had 468's and TRS Drives,and ran just under 80 MPH.it comes with a clear title.and no trailer,If you are going to pull it yourself we can put it on and inexpensive one just for hauling. It came out of a Marina in the Everglades,brought to IL.in 93 and has been sitting for almost 15 years.Let 's keep in touch if you are interested. Bud
Old 01-15-2013, 09:15 AM
Registered

So I have had my 27 super custom for 3 years and have been bummed at the lack of other Signatures and information out there. I think I have seen one with an outboard bracket on the east coast, Ridefast has one and I think I have seen two or three on Craigslist. Mine is titled as a 91 and has a FLZ Hin # (Which doesnt fit in the time line) any idea on how many hulls were made? Bud I would love to see more pictures of the cabin or any other information you may have, Thanks Bman

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.