How to test manifolds >

How to test manifolds

Notices

How to test manifolds

Old 01-19-2013, 11:04 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to test manifolds

Hey guys I have a pair of some weird manifolds which I suspect they are leaking because my oil keeps gettin water in it, I changed the headgaskets heads were sent to machine shop to be shaved, and am still getting water in oil these manifolds seem
To have been home made

Old 01-19-2013, 12:00 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 387 Likes on 156 Posts

Friend throw those junk pipes as far as you can . I hope you didn't ruin a good engine with those . You can find good used exhaust manifolds in the swap section cheap . Who ever sold you those should be nutted .
Old 01-19-2013, 12:51 PM
Registered

I know I gotta throw them away for sure but I don't know if I should buy new ones and then the motor still be getting water in the oil
Old 01-19-2013, 01:03 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Originally Posted by kakarot
I know I gotta throw them away for sure but I don't know if I should buy new ones and then the motor still be getting water in the oil
If the milky oil started after installing those abortions then be assured they are the source . Are those water cooled ? i don't see a water inlet . Water coming into cool engine exits via the water cooled exhaust . There is a wealth of information here , study and ask questions before you do anything . Don't be the " Knowledge gained is in direction proportion to parts ruined " guy . Lots of good guys here willing to help for the asking .

Last edited by the deep; 01-19-2013 at 01:15 PM.
Old 01-19-2013, 01:19 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Originally Posted by riverrat
May want to check those heads for cracks, or if you did'nt use Teflon on the threads for the water passages . those pipes from that 1 pic appear to be DRY so no water would be in them
Jeff A.
Yea , that's what i was getting to . Hope someone didn't plug water dumps on thermo housing to run dry pipes .
Old 01-19-2013, 01:52 PM
Registered

The pipes are not dry they are wet also when I took them off from the engine they had water indeed the exhaust part..
Old 01-19-2013, 01:59 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

The pipes are not dry they are wet also when I took them off from the engine they had water indeed the exhaust part..
That's proof positive right there that's your problem . Check for damaged valves and guides and hopefully it's limited to that .
Old 01-19-2013, 02:10 PM
Registered

After doing the heads I only took it out on the water for ashore period of time you think it could of damaged the valves and guides?
Old 01-19-2013, 02:20 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

After doing the heads I only took it out on the water for ashore period of time you think it could of damaged the valves and guides?
Fresh oil and a compression test will tell you about the valves . Who knows , you may be lucky . Water on hot exhaust valves turns to steam , up the valve guides it goes and condensates under the valve covers , water droplets then drip into the oil turning it to milk .
Old 01-19-2013, 02:26 PM
Registered

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.