Vacuum gauge installation 500hp carb >

Vacuum gauge installation 500hp carb

Notices

Vacuum gauge installation 500hp carb

Old 01-19-2013, 01:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vacuum gauge installation 500hp carb

I have a 1997 Fountain with twin 500hp carb motors all stock. Where is the best place to connect a vacuum gauge. There is a rubber line that comes from the front of the base plate on the carb and goes to the left side under the electric choke. Can I tee off of that line or is there a better place. I cannot find any ports on the manifold or any other places on the carb.
Old 01-19-2013, 01:39 PM
Registered

Theres two types of vacuum, ported and manifold. You need manifold. At idle pull off vacuum hose and check for vacuum. If it has vacuum at idle its manifold, tee off and use it.
Old 01-19-2013, 01:47 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by speedfever
I have a 1997 Fountain with twin 500hp carb motors all stock. Where is the best place to connect a vacuum gauge. There is a rubber line that comes from the front of the base plate on the carb and goes to the left side under the electric choke. Can I tee off of that line or is there a better place. I cannot find any ports on the manifold or any other places on the carb.
How about a tee in the line that goes to the pcv valve ?
Old 01-19-2013, 01:48 PM
Registered

I cannot start the engines until spring. They have been winterized. The gauges are already in the boat but they are not hooked up. I just want to hook the gauges up so everything works.

Last edited by speedfever; 01-19-2013 at 01:59 PM.
Old 01-19-2013, 01:50 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 387 Likes on 156 Posts

At the very top of the intake manifold in the front there is a plug , pull it out and screw in the proper size nipple . If you use the one on the carb make sure it is located below the throttle plates . Why do you want to measure vacuum ?
Old 01-19-2013, 01:53 PM
Registered

The PCV hose is braided stainless. I could use that line but I would have to find the right fitting to adapt without screwing anything up. That line is very ridgid. I guess I am looking for a easy fix,,,,,yea right !!
Old 01-19-2013, 01:56 PM
Registered

Then i'd use the port that ''the deep'' mentioned. Remove plug, insert proper fitting
Old 01-19-2013, 01:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by the deep
At the very top of the intake manifold in the front there is a plug , pull it out and screw in the proper size nipple . If you use the one on the carb make sure it is located below the throttle plates . Why do you want to measure vacuum ?
I bought the boat last fall. At one time in its life it had blower motors and it had fuel pressure and vacuum/boost gauges that were left in the console but are not hooked up. I want to hook these gauges up so everything works.
Old 01-19-2013, 02:00 PM
Registered

I bought the boat last fall. At one time in its life it had blower motors and it had fuel pressure and vacuum/boost gauges that were left in the console but are not hooked up. I want to hook these gauges up so everything works.
I may have some fuel psi electric senders available, might go mechanical on my fuel psi.
Old 01-19-2013, 02:02 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
Then i'd use the port that ''the deep'' mentioned. Remove plug, insert proper fitting
I didn't see that port. Not saying that it is not there. I will check it out. Sounds like the easy fix that I am looking for.

thanks. I will post what I find.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.