Cobra 1100 blower motors >

Cobra 1100 blower motors

Notices

Cobra 1100 blower motors

Old 01-22-2013, 08:56 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cobra 1100 blower motors

Have a big Outerlimits 47 here at our shop, boat has three engine set up, center engine starts and runs fine, however we have oil coming through the exhaust water jackets, especially after the engine is shut off. Does not build up water mix in the oil pan, instead it is emptying the oil pan and the oil is mixing with the oil and exiting through the exhaust water jackets! Both oil coolers have been replaced, thinking this may be the problem. These are Merlin Blocks first generation not Merlin III seies, any ideas? Thanks.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:06 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Sounds like oil galley is cracked to the water jacket
Old 01-22-2013, 09:50 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by tbanzer
Sounds like oil galley is cracked to the water jacket
This exact same thing was told me by another engine builder, would this cause the oil to be drained this way and not re enter the oil pan? I have no water entering back into the oil pan that I can tell, just seems to drain it, not make it.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:19 AM
Registered

Received 1,205 Likes on 578 Posts

Differential pressures. You have greater pressure in the oil system only allowing oil to leave the system but not allow water to enter the oil system. Kind of a one way valve.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:36 AM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 159 Likes on 89 Posts

I would double check the oil coolers, can't hurt
Old 01-22-2013, 08:09 PM
Registered

Oil coolers are brand new and were tsted before installation, thats not the problem. Eddie Young owner and Operator of Youngs Performance Marine, told me what it is, seems allot of these older Merlin blocks experienced and issue like this.

Thanks
Old 01-22-2013, 08:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by baja24outlaw
Oil coolers are brand new and were tsted before installation, thats not the problem. Eddie Young owner and Operator of Youngs Performance Marine, told me what it is, seems allot of these older Merlin blocks experienced and issue like this.

Thanks
So you do not want to share the solution of the problem with the rest of the forum in case this issue is searched at a later date?
Old 01-22-2013, 09:05 PM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

Good idea on re checking the oil coolers. I had new ones (on the cruiser) go bad within a few weeks. Was scratching my head wondering. Sure enough it was the new oil cooler.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by riverrat
Its a BIG secret Rookie ,probably cost him $65.00 for the 1hr min. lol
Jeff A.
Lol, from everything I have read about Eddie he seems to be a class act. I'm sure he told him what his problem is and the answers to future problems. I just don't want Baja24outlaw forgetting to update the post when he does solve the problem. I use the search feature and I would say that half of the issues that are solved are never updated on threads.

Last edited by Rookie; 01-22-2013 at 09:45 PM.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rookie
So you do not want to share the solution of the problem with the rest of the forum in case this issue is searched at a later date?
I appologize guy's seriously, everything points to being internally. Coolers are fine, oil is only visable leaving the exhaust dumps after the engine has been shut down, not while running due to the greater pressure of the oil. I trust Eddie any day, he is great at what he does and that is build damn fine engines. I have been doing this a long time myslf, but when it comes to something that stumps me, I always go to Eddie for advice.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.