Ever use nite shades paint >

Ever use nite shades paint

Notices

Ever use nite shades paint

Old 01-24-2013, 04:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ever use nite shades paint

Has anyone ever used nite shades paint,im thinking about using it on plexi. The curved sections of my windshield are plexi and tint doesn't want to stick.I saw the nite shades spray tint and was wondering if it works.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:10 PM
Registered

Thanks,it sounds good but wanted to hear from someone who has used it.

Last edited by checkeredpast; 01-24-2013 at 06:44 PM.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:36 PM
Registered

Received 1,205 Likes on 578 Posts

The guy I bought my Cadillac STS from used it on the tail lights and reverse lights. It looks good and is a light tint. I assume that if you add a few light coats it would get darker.
I am having trouble up loading the pics. I have a few things that I am going to try it on.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:43 PM
Registered

i saw some pics when i was researching the product,it looked pretty good but it's hard to see what texture it has.from what i read it's all in how you prep before you spray.Also saw that clear coating helps.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:22 PM
Registered

I used it to do my tail lights and third brake light on my truck and it turned out great 4 lite coats was just the right amount but then I used it on my snowmobile lights and it was a disaster I ended up getting new lights. For both things I cleaned thoroughly with degreaser. I would suggest trying it on a piece of similar material first before possibly ruining your windshield
Old 01-24-2013, 07:55 PM
Registered

Yep,i'm only gonna get one chance!
Old 01-24-2013, 07:56 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I blacked out all the lights on my Super Duty and turned out very nice considering the cost. The key is in several light coats so it doesn't get spotty.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:17 PM
Registered

Used NS on my truck rear lights. First light coat went well then the next day tried to get a second coat on them to darken them up a little more. Didn't go well.
If there is just a little moisture in the air they will not come out. It looked like I sprayed them with krackle paint. Spider like effect.
I am now the proud owner of two new back lights.
I tend to agree with Hilgy88, if your going to go thru with it try it on a test piece first.
Old 01-25-2013, 02:28 AM
Registered

Thanks guys.I will definatlly do some testing first.
Old 01-25-2013, 07:14 AM
Registered

I used it on the tail of my Warrior. First time around it was a little too dark for my liking...so a couple weeks later I wiped it off with lacquer thinner and re-applied. The pic with 4 Warriors has 3 tinted with nite shade and one is a smoked lens. The pic with 6 bikes shows two bike that have original tail lights. Mine has been through a lot...burn outs at the track and burn outs off the track...caked with hot rubber...still looks great!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.