cat re power >

cat re power

Notices

cat re power

Old 02-07-2013, 04:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cat re power

i have a 28 obsession cat. i like the boat but not the twin525sc's i am conscidering putting a 600+ hp engine in the center.moveing the engine is not the problem. boat currentley gps's mid 90's trying to get a idea of how boat would run with 1 engine. and droppins 1200lbs. have seen 28's with eatherset up.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:44 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

i think if it were me,id sell the twin engine boat and buy a singel engine boat,or sell the sc525s,and buy bigger power for it.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:50 PM
Registered

I looked at other cats of this size theye are hard to find with a enclosed coddy. the obsession is not large by ant means but not bad sized. so i'm sort of thinking of other options. also the timing is not bad the boat just started getting a face lift. gelcoat.interior.re anidiozed hardware[.evidently i need more to do before summer]
Old 02-07-2013, 05:57 PM
Registered

If it doesnt have a center pod don't convert it, simply will not work right.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:27 PM
Registered

every thing i could find it is the same mold as elimenator used. it has a center pad. just don't want to end up with poor performance. not expecting mid 90's but would hope to see 70's
Old 02-07-2013, 10:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by gerg g.
every thing i could find it is the same mold as elimenator used. it has a center pad. just don't want to end up with poor performance. not expecting mid 90's but would hope to see 70's
This doesn't have a cuddy usable for anything other than storage, but it will satisfy anyone's need for speed:

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o48951-en.html

Rick
Old 02-08-2013, 01:32 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by gerg g.
Changing from a twin to single would be expensive. It would be a major rerig. I dont know what you do not like about the 525sc but you could have them converted to non sc and probably make the same hp without that much trouble.

Wannabe