Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Help!!!!!!!! Shaved door handels >

Help!!!!!!!! Shaved door handels

Notices

Help!!!!!!!! Shaved door handels

Old 02-19-2013, 07:06 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!!!!!!!! Shaved door handels

yesterday i bought a 1999 mitshibishi eclipse with shaved door handles this morning with out thinking or knowing i started my car so it could warm up i shut the door and now it wont open the remote dosent work and when i push the button under the car i car hear the door popers pop but the doors just dont come open do i need to figure out a way to shut the car off or will a locksmith be able to unlock it some how?

thanks kile
Old 02-19-2013, 07:22 AM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Do you have a spare key where you can climb through the hatch? i would try to have some one with a lock out kit try to go between the glass and the body and see if they can get to the inside door handle if it has them. once you get this resolved you may want to take a piece of cable run it directly to the door latch and throught the door jamb and tuck it up behind the fender well. Its a little crude but should get you out of a jamb like the one you are in.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:45 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Pretty sure those had frameless windows, just try to pop the door handle with a rod of some type like a golf club shaft or an old hood support rod.
Old 02-19-2013, 08:14 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Call AAA and send a truck with slim jims.

Wannabe
Old 02-19-2013, 09:36 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by wannabe
Call AAA and send a truck with slim jims.

Wannabe
Door is already unlocked, just no handle to open it!
Old 02-19-2013, 03:38 PM
Registered

Thanks guy a lock smith was able to unlock it and the doors now open im getting a new battery for the remote tonight
Old 02-22-2013, 03:30 PM
Registered

shaved handles are the worst PITA ever. I have shaved probably 100 doors and talked customers out of twice that. Even using the best solenoids they will still leave you stuck. Get yourself a cable and run it trough the door into the wheel well so you have a manual way to open the door, that is the only 100% way to be able to get in. I use 1/8th tubing like you use for oil pressure gauges and a small cable to fish through the door/door post and hide it in the inner fender liner.