trim tab help! >

trim tab help!

Notices

trim tab help!

Old 03-15-2013, 01:03 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trim tab help!

I am currently running 83 mph on gps in my warlock euro 24. That was last season before I changed from a bblades 24p to a bblades 26p and from a B&M 250 blower running just over 4 pounds of boost to a procharger with an intercooler that should be around 7-8 pounds of boost if my pulley configuration is correct. I have also added full hyd. steering this year due to safety issues but after mounting the ram from the transom to the drive I've run into a problem.....one of my trim tab rams is in the way of the hyd. steering ram so now I'm looking at either having to buy single rams that are strong enough to take the place of the duel rams I have on each trim tab or buy a completely different set of trim tabs and rams all together. I believe the trim tabs currently on my boat are Bennett's and are 12"x14" (I'll have to double check) . Any input on who to buy either rams or complete kits from and what size trim tabs or kit do you recommend guys?
Old 03-15-2013, 02:19 PM
RIPSTA Racing Team
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Please post some pics of your set up. I can't picture how in the world your steering rams interfere with your trim tabs and why only one side has an issue? Anyone else confused?
Old 03-15-2013, 06:04 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 179 Likes on 66 Posts

What kind of water do you run in? (Lakes, rivers, the ocean?) That actually will drive what kind of tab you might be able to use more than anything else.

BTW, Dual ram tabs are usually Bennett. It's their "Sport" tab.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:45 PM
Registered

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

I had the same trouble and switch to single ram tabs, then found zeiger steering which would fit either way..
Old 03-16-2013, 12:21 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the replies guys! I'll get some pics posted tomorrow for you! The imco mount for the ram that bolts to the transom is 11.25" from the side of the gimble housing. The outer trim tab ram is just to the inside of that mounting plate so the steering ram is in the way not allowing me to bolt the trim tab ram back in place. That's why I'm thinking I'm going to have to either buy single rams for the tabs or new tabs with single rams all together.
Old 03-16-2013, 01:04 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fixx

Originally Posted by mustangmark
Thanks for the replies guys! I'll get some pics posted tomorrow for you! The imco mount for the ram that bolts to the transom is 11.25" from the side of the gimble housing. The outer trim tab ram is just to the inside of that mounting plate so the steering ram is in the way not allowing me to bolt the trim tab ram back in place. That's why I'm thinking I'm going to have to either buy single rams for the tabs or new tabs with single rams all together.
at the speed your going to be going if you use any bennett or cheaper tab then kplanes your going to tear them off..make the switch now,those style tabs with a single plastic piston is rated for 60 mph and duel ram is rated for 70 mph,,i have duel ram on my donzi but its a lite boat and i have been getting away with it for years..