Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Ford 6.7 owners Don't........... >

Ford 6.7 owners Don't...........

Notices

Ford 6.7 owners Don't...........

Old 03-18-2013, 06:57 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ford 6.7 owners Don't...........

Ford 6.7 owners Don't...........-2013-03-15_15-13-20_769.jpg Don't put gas in your truck, the valves don't like it. Oh and its not my truck or anyone on here.
Old 03-18-2013, 07:34 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

When I worked at the ambulance co. once every othe month or so, somebody would screw up and fill one with gas.... guys in the shop said it cost about 2 grand IF they realized it and didnt try to drive it.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:09 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 179 Likes on 66 Posts

Tim,

I think your advice works pretty well no matter what brand of diesel engine is under the hood.

I can go one better for you though. We have a big John Deere diesel tractor at the marina. Before we had our own diesel pump, we used to run it a quarter mile down the street to a gas station. One day we get a panic call from the summer help kid who went to fill it up. When we got there. we found that he'd tried to fill the crank case with gas. (Yes, that would be two errors.) At least he didn't try to start it. We pumped it out (right there) and changed the oil 3 times in the next two days. It's still running today - fortunately.

Tom
Old 03-20-2013, 11:09 PM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

Good advice

Always wondered how the "duece" 2 1/2 ton military trucks diesel engine runs on anything. "multifuel" diesel works best but gas, oil, used oil, veg oil, perfume, liquor, or any mixture! Most research I have found when ANYTHING is blended 50% with diesel it will run great!

From my limited understanding the fuel pump "senses" the thickness? of the fuel and compensates how much to inject. Still dont understand how that ancient diesel does not blow up when gas is put in it but a modern diesel is toast? Not doubting anyone just find it fascinating. I agree my new cummins prob will not like gas, nor would I attempt to run it on it, and if I ever made a mistake and filled it, even if never started or run for long, it would cost lots of money to have my mistake fixed. I just woulnt think it would blow an engine up. IMO someone would need to fill with gas then beat the living crap out of the engine. You would think the min it starts hiccuping and they turn the truck off it would be fine??

Either way, no biggie, just fascinated by the old multifuel military whistler diesels!
Old 03-21-2013, 06:53 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

not sure how it's done but , Evenrude makes a multi fuel outboard now that they sell to the military
Old 03-21-2013, 01:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Warrany doesnt cover stupidity. OUCH.
Old 03-21-2013, 01:40 PM
Platinum Member

E85 will do the same thing. That yellow E85 handle at the pump screws with people since diesel cans have been yellow for years!!
Old 03-21-2013, 01:49 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

hell, Obamas driver fueld his limo with the wrong stuff and killed it....
Old 03-21-2013, 02:13 PM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Around here the diesel pump handles can be either yellow or green. As you come into Kingdom City, MO off of Rt. 54, there is a BP station off to the right (coming in from North). The diesel pump is also a gas pump. The diesel handle is black and the gas pump handle green. My buddy filled his 2007 2500 HD Dmax up with not 87, but 89 octane last summer. Now, not only did he grab the wrong handle but selected mid-grade! Lol! It happens so often at that station that the clerks have a number for a guy that is just down the street that comes to the station with a 55 gallon drum and pump and for $100 will pump your tank out. I'm sure the station gets a nice kickback from the guy and that is why the handle stays the wrong color. He gets your fuel and money!
Attached Thumbnails Ford 6.7 owners Don't...........-pratt-pump.jpg  

Last edited by Knot 4 Me; 03-21-2013 at 02:23 PM.
Old 03-21-2013, 02:48 PM
Platinum Member

well thats better then the alternative!! about 8 - 10k cheaper to!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.