Computer Tech >

Computer Tech

Notices

Computer Tech

Old 04-02-2013, 09:22 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Computer Tech

I have a SONY VAIO laptop running Windows 7 home prem.
Hard drive is making noises ( ticking) also having problems with Internet Explorer not opening links.
Thought it would be a good time to replace the drive and do a factory install with the recovery discs I made when I bought it 1 1/2 years ago. Make a long story shorter - the discs don't work. I get a window that says that the software is not compatible with my hardware. Turns out the new style hard drive won't work with my recovery discs. Need one that uses 5/12 sector.
can't find one. If I buy an OEM software disc of Windows 7 home prem. off the internet should it contain the drivers I need to run this computer?
I have a windows 7 PRO Vista upgrade that will run the computer but after using the recovery discs to load the drivers. I can't get online wireless or LAN cord.
HELP
What can be done.
Local repair shop says they can fix it but I would hate to get it back to find some of the features don't work.
This was a $1200 laptop running I7 chip and blue ray drive with a 1080 HD display.

Steve
Old 04-07-2013, 07:01 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

get another computer and a thumb drive. go to sony's site and get the drivers. then export to the thumb drive. then install the thumb drive in the Sony and you can load the drivers in it. huge pain when you can't get online to load the drivers you need to get online.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:46 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If it is not a legal copy of 7 the internet will not work , it all so happens xp pro , buy disk magic and change the drive it will clone the drive for you can replace the drive > or buy windows 8 say you are a student 69.00 back up old info and put in new drive and fresch install

BILL GATES SAYS HI

THE SOFTWARE WASNT REGISTERED WITH MICROSOFT , THEY WILL GIVE YOU ANOTHER KEY CODE IF YOU CALL THEM

Last edited by fastscarab22; 04-07-2013 at 07:48 AM.