90 26ft profile offshore project need insight on it >

90 26ft profile offshore project need insight on it

Notices

90 26ft profile offshore project need insight on it

Old 04-03-2013, 09:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 90 26ft profile offshore project need insight on it

Looking at possibly buying a 90 26ft profile offshore project has new floor carpet gauges switch panel trim tabs needs interior engine outdrives etc he's asking $1500 with trailer what do u guys think about this boat and and what should I check for any suggestions on kind of motor to run etc this would be my first boat project I would be goin from an 89 wellcraft nova xl 23ft to this if I buy it I can rebuild cars no problem but not sure on ins n outs of doing a boat
Old 04-04-2013, 01:58 AM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

if this is it...

http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/boa/3697133610.html

If its solid, doesnt look like a bad deal, hell you could sell the trailer alone for close to $1500. Of course you realize the interior is gonna be a couple grand by the time your done, a bravo and gimble in decent shape min. 3500 used motor with enough umph to make it almost fun, 5000. the 23 novas werent the lightest 23 footer, depending on how the profile was built you might be close on weight and if the 23 is the 454/bravo package using that as a donor motor/drive you will see close to the same speed but the profile will ride a lot nicer in the rough.

As to what to look for?? its sitting uncovered. check the transom, stringers and bulkheads good. motorwise, if your really good with cars, an ls motor would be nice in that, otherwise your going to want at least a 454. How are you with glass work?? If the floor is new make sure he didnt just glass a sheet of plywood over bad stringers.

Im not trying to discourage you, just make sure you know what your looking at. hell if I hadnt just bought the avanti I would be seriously looking at that profile

Last edited by phragle; 04-04-2013 at 02:13 AM.
Old 04-04-2013, 02:29 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

save your pennys and look on,,it will be a money pit that you wont get you money back on..
Old 04-04-2013, 07:43 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats the boat suppose to look at it sun guy is in miami fl at the moment How can I tell if he just glassed plywood over the bad stringers and I'm good with glass work for the interior I have a guy I can swap work with and my nova is being sold and its not a 454 boat not discouraging me don't really want to get in much more work then what it needs now
Old 04-04-2013, 04:09 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

i bought a 20 regal valanti for 300 bucks. i got every component i would need-except the engine itself-(1 got 50 bucks for the rusted 305) plus a trailer i can sell for 500. a small block-alpha setup isn't all that, but it will get the boat in the water quikest and cheapest. that boat's twin is all over the place. bad motor-shot interior-no collectors item value but hardly ever run so the components are decent. they want 500 will take whatever you give them. plus completely parting a boat out is the best way to learn where everything goes. and when you redo it right you have an alpha setup sitting there when something else tempting falls in your lap.