New member- 87 IMP Restoration >

New member- 87 IMP Restoration

Notices

New member- 87 IMP Restoration

Old 04-19-2013, 02:20 PM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts
Default New member- 87 IMP Restoration

What's up OSO! I've been on a lot of other forums cars/trucks etc.. But figured I would see how many would be Interested in seeing more money into a IMP then what there really worth. Haha two years ago picked up a 87 25.5 Eleganza/ magnum designed hull as most know. I know a lot of history on these boats and some of the original dealers. If your asking yourself why would you put $ into this boat. Well my dad has the exact same boat. And I'm a picture nut which a lot love to see! I will post them later tonight. So lets see how much interest is in these boats as I plan on being the fastest 25.5 IMP.
Old 04-19-2013, 05:30 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Here is one that raced back in the day [1974] with twin 340cu Super Bee engines.
Attached Thumbnails New member- 87 IMP Restoration-imp.jpg  
Old 04-20-2013, 07:03 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

WOW- never can tell who you'll find hangin' out on this forum. good luck with your project- think we all have more invested in our old resin buckets than they're worth. as far as building the fastest 25.5, i thought it already WAS (according to the P O anyway- lol.) oh yeah, tell Dave- Rich says hi.
Old 04-20-2013, 07:49 AM
Registered

Finally got a chance to post up a few pics. These are the ones I had From the previous Year. Since I started the rebuild beginning of last season due to lack of Funds and time it has taken till this year but here they are! And I love the Heavy Buckets. haha Mainly I like a strong hull even though the design is outdated it still get lots of attention-- Maybe it's the 5" Dry Stellings ? [URL=http://s1168.photobucket.com/user/KrausMotoSports57/media/DSC03614_zpsda6092b7.jpg.html][/URL[URL=http://s1168.photobucket.com/user/KrausMotoSports57/media/DSC03613_zpsd80c5ed4.jpg.html][/URL
I also don't know if anybody knows of the fastest as least heard of? As i'm sure most would update to a bigger better design hull. But these boats have more sentimental value to us which is the main reason we like to experiment with them. And mainly just have fun with them! Since these pics I have pulled all graphics, rebuilding, refreshening the 454 (powder coating) and changing some interior around- you will notice IMP messed up with the seats, the Driver side they follow in order left to right Seat then Steering Wheel then gauges, Everything is off center. So Im building a Custom almost flush mount for the gaffrig controls and purchasing possible some pantera stand up bolsters from another forum member. then changing steering layout. And also re-fiberglassing the gas tank cover as some of it has rotten. But also shaving weight in the process as I have found a lot to do to change weight. Please Ideas are entertaining as I am very excited to see other people ideas comments! Thanks OSO!

Last edited by KRAUSMOTORSPORTS; 04-20-2013 at 07:58 AM.
Old 04-20-2013, 08:08 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by rer233
WOW- never can tell who you'll find hangin' out on this forum. good luck with your project- think we all have more invested in our old resin buckets than they're worth. as far as building the fastest 25.5, i thought it already WAS (according to the P O anyway- lol.) oh yeah, tell Dave- Rich says hi.
Hey Rich! i've been trying to get dad on here but can't seem to get him to commit! I believe I have a nice video of yours out on the water the day we had the Caribe SS out! i'll have to work on it but i'll see if I can post it later?
Old 04-20-2013, 08:07 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Great man- love to see it!
Old 04-23-2013, 08:24 PM
Registered

rer233 I'm having trouble finding the video as out computer is used for work/school. I have a bunch of new updated pics of what i've done this weekend and Found. I will post them up sometime tomorrow afternoon. Keep posted! It's about to get exciting!
Old 04-24-2013, 07:15 PM
Registered

Here ya go guys! I'll post pics as I go. Keep in Mind my deadline is set to July 4th! I think it's possible. working weekends and afternoons on her. Engine is being rebuilt also In my Garage With help from dad- Originator of KrausMotorSports. A business that never really got a change to take off. But here ya go. Let me know what ya think. I'll explain what's going on after the pics! These were taken this weekend!
Now for the good stuff! I have Pantera Bolsters coming from Florida from another OSO member. Cant build the throttle mount box until seats are in so I can mount the throttle for WIDE OPEN THROTTLE POSITION!. Changing all fuel lines to 1/2" I believe -8 Braided line. Installing Gaffrig Fuel Gauge Sending unit. Hopefully adding GPS Speedo for accurate readings. Possible installing under-glow lights in the gunnels (blue) and Later to add underwater LED lighting where the old Mercathode inserts were. Re fiberglassing the Tank cover which i've heard we can use a plastic piece to replace wood- I will be in the fiberglass section for a while doing research. Biggest thing is to remove unwanted weight while also balancing weight but lights are cool! Bolster Change helps a bit with weight. If you notice in the other pics the boat leans to the Starboard Side. I am changing locations of batteries perko switch and Trim motor. Also changing prop pitch for lift and more RPMS's which = Sit Down Shut Up And Hold On! With the weight distribution the IMP should Launch pretty well into the Air. And it will. As before it was definitely right side heavy and had to really watch the water when WOT. IN the last picture I found this yesterday after removing the tank. I believe it is a double floor and shouldn't really pose a big problem. Experts please chime in. I'm dedicated to get this thing done and done right. No wife saying no your not allowed to do this or lack of funds she knows what it takes. well sorta! haha Keep posted as I'm a picture nut and this thread will help me keep things organized Thanks OSO!

Last edited by KRAUSMOTORSPORTS; 04-25-2013 at 04:44 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 04-27-2013, 10:58 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Crates are almost complete

Old 04-28-2013, 09:40 AM
Registered

Haha boxes look good Rick! Working on her today! These are going to turn out awesome!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.