Merc Trim sender/limiter wiring help >

Merc Trim sender/limiter wiring help

Notices

Merc Trim sender/limiter wiring help

Old 04-28-2013, 02:24 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Merc Trim sender/limiter wiring help

Just put a 525sc in my Dads Maelstrom. There is no wiring provision on the engine harness for the trim send/limiter wiring. I am going to have to hard wire it into the boats harness. Does anybody know the wiring colors for these 2 wires ? The boat is a 1994 Maelstrom 24'.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 04-29-2013, 06:49 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

On the inside of the boat along the transom area there should be a purple & white wire and a blue & white wire in close proximity of each other. They go to the trim limit switch. There should be two black wires plugged into them coming from the limit switch.

The harness between the shift controller and the trim pump is separate from the dash wiring harness going to the engine wiring harness. The shift control harness is used on the limit switch.

The trim gauge uses the Brown with White on the engine harness.

On page 100 of 116 in the link below, you will see BRN/WHTgoes through pin #10 for the gauge and on page 102 of 116 should help give you an idea with the limit switch,

http://www.boatfix.com/merc/Install/gas/86017200.pdf

Hope this helps, good luck.

Last edited by lakematdude; 04-29-2013 at 06:52 PM.