power steering actuator and high pressure line >

power steering actuator and high pressure line

Notices

power steering actuator and high pressure line

Old 05-14-2013, 12:03 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default power steering actuator and high pressure line

bumping my head into the wall now for days, i need size of fittings for high pressure side on the mercruiser power steering system. Now before you ask for serial numbers..... original motor was 350 mag, replaced with gen six 454.... actuator replaced at some point in past. not sure when.

mechanic who installed my engine compiled three seperate brass fittings to reduce down to the size hose he used for my power steering system. i want it back to oem,

i understand there are additional options available now. oem style or later quick dis connect style. I will take either.

oh, also i have a gen ii drive at this time, yeah i know its under drived but its what i got to work with.

looking for size of the fittings, or what quick dissconnect fittings i need.
Old 05-15-2013, 07:10 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

not sure what you are asking ? did they make up a B/S adapter for the pressure line ? if the boats older than 88 should have had a flair fitting 3/8 I think, after that they went to a O-ring type, so guessing thats where they rigged it..you using the newer P/S pump ? if so just get a early pump nut(where line attaches) and swap that out...1" wrench, make sure pressure regulator & spring stay in...not a big deal..