Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Anyone have a pic of a merc throttle cable converted to a work on a Holley carb? >

Anyone have a pic of a merc throttle cable converted to a work on a Holley carb?

Notices

Anyone have a pic of a merc throttle cable converted to a work on a Holley carb?

Old 05-28-2013, 11:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have a pic of a merc throttle cable converted to a work on a Holley carb?

I am ordering the kit online to swap over my stock merc linkage over to the Holley, I just can't picture how to do it from the pictures of the kit itself, and I can't find a decent write up on it either. Anyone have a pic of theirs that I can take a look at?

I have one of the quick release cable clamps already, but when I lock the stock cable into it, the plastic end that grabs the throttle is like 2" ahead of where it needs to be, and removing the plastic portion to expose the threaded cable end still puts it ahead of the linkage by about a half inch. Any help would be awesome

Matt

Last edited by cjmatt; 05-28-2013 at 11:38 PM.
Old 05-29-2013, 06:09 AM
Registered

I think my problem in visualizing this is the fact that I don't have the mercury KM cables. I'm fairly certain mine are the 33c cables
Old 05-29-2013, 07:21 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by cjmatt
I think my problem in visualizing this is the fact that I don't have the mercury KM cables. I'm fairly certain mine are the 33c cables

If you have the 33c cables and the quick connect for the cable to the carb, does it also have the adjustable bracket to move the clamp on the bracket? If you PM me your number I can send you a text of the bracket on my Holley. The "kit" that I had to adapt a 33c cable to the cab was just a threaded end and a piece that locks the cable to the bracket. (In your case you have the clamp)
Old 05-29-2013, 10:49 AM
Registered

yeah, once i realized that the merc cables that kit was for werent what I had it made alot more sense. I just placed an order for the 33c pivot ball that should just screw onto my cable end and fasten to the throttle linkage
Old 05-29-2013, 02:23 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by cjmatt
yeah, once i realized that the merc cables that kit was for werent what I had it made alot more sense. I just placed an order for the 33c pivot ball that should just screw onto my cable end and fasten to the throttle linkage

Sounds good! Good luck bud
Old 05-29-2013, 06:58 PM
Registered

Well I wish it was that easy. Now the zero effort controls I have, have a throw that doesn't match the carb at all. It lines up fine when pulled back to idle, but just over half throttle on the controls gives full throttle on the carb. I don't think they're even adjustable at the controls
Old 05-29-2013, 07:07 PM
Registered

i would also like to see pics, iam swapping out my quadrajet for a holley onf my 350 mercruiser and would like to see the carb throttle bracket and plate cable bracket installed, sorry if i jacked your thread
Old 05-30-2013, 09:54 PM
Registered

bump it up anyone with pics?
Old 06-01-2013, 03:25 PM
Registered

Location: Omaha, Nebraska. Boat on the Mighty Mo! Longest river in the USA!
Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

I will post some tomorrow when I get to the boat.
Old 06-01-2013, 06:24 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.