NMEA 2000 actuators? >

NMEA 2000 actuators?

Notices

NMEA 2000 actuators?

Old 06-28-2013, 04:19 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default NMEA 2000 actuators?

Anyone now a good source want to do IMCO Bravo gimbals (Merc sender will not work easily) and Skater tabs.
Thanks
Steve
Old 06-28-2013, 06:29 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Are you looking for trim information? Maretron makes lots of great NMEA stuff call there and ask for Mark if they have something he will know and if not he may be able to point you in the right direction. Livorsi also has NMEA trim and tab sensors.
Old 06-29-2013, 08:20 AM
Registered

I have been on Maretron site often cannot find anything except ruder position. I am putting in merc gateway so I think drives can com through smartcraft to Garmin if I can get sensor on Imco gimbal. The tabs might be more difficult. [I] have a call into livorsi to see what is available. Thanks Steve
Old 06-29-2013, 09:40 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The livorsi stuff can do it for sure but it won't be cheap, you will need a controller/indicator.

http://www.livorsi.com/catalog/adjus...ndicators.html

and then some of these parts to hook up to it to get the NMEA data that you need. You can use the retrofit tab kit with the merc sensor or use the analog to digital kit to convert cable info to sensor info.

http://www.livorsi.com/catalog/adjus...tor_parts.html

I have a lot of Maretron equipment on my boat and any time I have a question I call Mark and he really knows his stuff, if there is a way to do it he will know. I don't know what kind of tabs you have but the newer merc k-planes have a bracket cast into them for the 3 wire sensor which is what you need to get it to work with livorsi or smartcraft.

I have been wanting to do the same but to replace a cable is $60 and a couple of hours of aggravation vs $2500 worth of electrical stuff and having to run way more wires.

Last edited by pstorti; 06-29-2013 at 09:52 AM.
Old 06-29-2013, 09:30 PM
Registered

Sound like I need to get with Maretron.
Thanks!
Steve