Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
7.4 mpi 2000 model had gaskets replaced the price good??? >

7.4 mpi 2000 model had gaskets replaced the price good???

Notices

7.4 mpi 2000 model had gaskets replaced the price good???

Old 06-29-2013, 11:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 7.4 mpi 2000 model had gaskets replaced the price good???

Hello guys I took my boat to a known good boat mechanic and had my 7.4 mpi checked out. Found the elbow gaskets leaking and all so he replaced all 4 gaskets cause I have twins, and also repaired starboard motor when turning the keys you would get you 2 beeps but to start up, have to do it 5-7 times and would start . Said it a normal silinoid for the starter to work??? He charged $300????
Old 06-30-2013, 07:20 AM
Registered

Received 105 Likes on 51 Posts

If all your problems are solved you should be happy. Be thankful you didn't have to wait a couple of weeks to get it in the shop.
Old 06-30-2013, 07:55 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This guy is the head tech at the biggest most reputable shop in the area... In the evening he has his own little shop... Only works on inboard out board and only will work on it if you know some one real well who he works on there boat... You just don't look in the phone book.... Works only on bigger boats and prob 10 customers only!!!! He is amazing
Old 06-30-2013, 08:19 AM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Here's my theory, My boat has fuel injection. I know nothing about it. I have rebuilt transoms, trim rams, replaced gauges, trim pumps, motors, etc, I'n fairly mechanically inclined.. I hauled my boat 20 miles up the road to someone who is more expensive than the local guys. Why? one he is a member here, two I had faith and trusted he KNEW boats inside and out, would figure out the problem and fix it right the first time! To ,e that's worth paying more. In the end my boat runs great, he fixed what I couldn't and there were a couple things he knew I could fix easily with a little direction, gave me the direction and left those for me and with his direction I fixed them easy. He charged me fair, probably too fair for the work he did so I paid him extra. These are toys, its a short season, getting it fixed quickly and getting it fixed right is worth a premium. When it comes to fixing boats Brian41 flat out rocks!! He and GlassDave are two people this sport needs more of!.