Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
MercMonitor, Smartcraft, Vessel View...HELP! >

MercMonitor, Smartcraft, Vessel View...HELP!

Notices

MercMonitor, Smartcraft, Vessel View...HELP!

Old 07-14-2013, 09:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MercMonitor, Smartcraft, Vessel View...HELP!

I re-powered my 1995 Cigarette Top Gun this winter and went with a Whipple setup with fuel injection. To do this I had to add computers, mefi 4b to be exact. Now I already have a Garmin 5208 GPS/MFD and a NMEA 2K backbone...so this got me thinking, cant I get this computer info on my Garmin??? I know I can but just not sure exactly how to go about it.

Can somebody tell me exactly what I would need to do this? I did search a bunch but all posts regarding this seem to be a couple years old and it seems that there might be some more recent updates or other manufactures that have made devices to connect these units, other than just Mercury. Also I haven't found any confirmation that MercMonitor will work on mefi 4 ecu's, I'm assuming they will based on some of the year/make/model info I've found in the threads, but no confirmations.

Mainly I'd like to get fuel flow monitoring and then the other typical analog gauge info on my Garmin display...

Thanks for any help!
Old 07-15-2013, 06:34 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have seen a Mefi-4b to N2k gateway never a smartcraft one.
Steve
Old 07-15-2013, 08:05 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by smiklos@sunprint
I have seen a Mefi-4b to N2k gateway never a smartcraft one.
Steve
So is that all I would need to get the computer data out of the mefi 4b and into the Garmin then? Also would you happen to have any links to such a product or be able to point me in a direction to look into these gateways? Thanks!
Old 07-15-2013, 09:30 AM
Registered

The one I saw was from Livorsi. I am not sure if it went to market or not. Racepak has one for their Iq3 display but they are more oriented. Call Livorsi and see if they are selling it. There is a market for this stuff and it is not that complicated. I am surprised someone has not made a box that is a universal converter.

Thanks
Steve
Old 07-15-2013, 09:32 AM
Registered

http://www.livorsi.com/catalog/mefi.html
Old 07-15-2013, 01:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by smiklos@sunprint
So is it really just as simple as adding one of these Livorsi devices to each engine and connecting it to the NMEA network?

I'm surprised too that there aren't more companies doing something like this...seems Ike there would be a high demand for a reasonably priced, dependable solution.