Notices

Gauges

Old 07-22-2013, 01:33 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gauges

I have couple questions on what gauges to use for my boat. I've used livorsi gauges in my 22ft velocity that I sold and they gave me problems. If it wasnt the guage sweating it was guage rim falling out. Also the Rpm didnt work right on my yamaha vmax that i had on my boat. Idk if it was something i did wrong but i set up the gauges just like the instructions told me too. Is there any other person that had these problems and if so did they find a out what was the problem? Another question is who do you guys think is the better gauge manufacture livorsi or gaffrig? Ive never used gaffrig before but if the livorsi does the same thing again ill have to go that way.

Last edited by 2 much rev; 07-22-2013 at 08:37 AM.
Old 07-22-2013, 07:16 AM
Registered

Received 57 Likes on 27 Posts

I am pretty sure neither company makes their own gauges. I believe autometer makes all of them.
Old 07-22-2013, 07:33 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

I have the autometer marine platinums in my boat. Going on 3 years, no fogging, work and look great. Happy with them.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:52 AM
Registered

But that is the thing if one company making them why did my livorsi fall apart after three months? I looked at the autometer guages and they look pretty good.Thanks @mild thunder and @ttunon
Old 07-22-2013, 08:58 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Did you call livorsi and talk to them? I know lots of people run them on some pretty high end stuff with good results.
Old 07-22-2013, 09:33 AM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by ttuton
I am pretty sure neither company makes their own gauges. I believe autometer makes all of them.
i am pretty sure gaffrig makes /all their gages in house.
Old 07-22-2013, 09:34 AM
Registered

Received 398 Likes on 229 Posts

Don't go with Gaffrig! I have them and while the ones that work seem to work well, the customer service is the worst. I have had problems with an oil temp gauge and have been trying to get it resolved for over a year. I sent the gauge and sender back to them and it took them over 6 months to tell me there was nothing wrong with it. I put it back in and at 150 degrees it reads over 300. I have been calling both tech support and sales almost every day for the past week and can't even get a simple answer to what is the resistance of the sender supposed to be so I can bench test the gauge and sender. If I would have known how bad they were, I would have replaced everything with another brand before I started adding more.
Old 07-22-2013, 09:25 PM
Registered

Well the thing is I've seen them in alot of high end boats as well and idk if the company i got them from just dropped the ones i gotten from them but when i called the company they said they sent me brand new stuff and it was non refundable. If i do go livorsi again ill get it straight from the factory. I just dont want to spend that kind of money again for crappy results. Cause if i can remember well i spent over 1700 for the guages and my throttle.

Speaking of throttle any of you guys have a single engine throttle from livorsi just laying around and needs a new home
Old 07-22-2013, 09:26 PM
Registered

Thanks for the heads up @This is living

Last edited by 2 much rev; 07-23-2013 at 04:09 AM.