Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Corsa exhaust issue.   Has to be a simple fix?? >

Corsa exhaust issue. Has to be a simple fix??

Notices

Corsa exhaust issue. Has to be a simple fix??

Old 07-26-2013, 09:33 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corsa exhaust issue. Has to be a simple fix??

So I was going through things in my engine bay the other day and was looking at the corsa captains call exhaust I have. I know these are set to close when the key is off and open (if on loud) when the key is on. Well it looks like my driver side is doing the opposite. It closes when running and opens when the key is off.

The other side is working just fine.

So is there a wire backwards or what do I have to do to correct this problem? Last night I manually pushed it open and my boat seems to like have both pipes open.. Ugh!!

In MN any inland lakes will get you a nice ticket if your too loud. That is the only reason I have it right now.. Though I have never used it on silent.
Old 07-29-2013, 08:01 AM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

When Mine were acting up last year( same thing one would, and the other wouldnt, some times flicker on off, ect), I replaced the relays that are for the caption's call. They are standard Bosch type relay's. I also have to keep it quiet when the fish police come around here in Mn. Im from the St. Cloud area. Where abouts are you?

Old 07-30-2013, 08:52 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks!! I assume I could pick those up at auto store or something for cheap. It looks like I am having that same issue, sometimes it works and sometimes it just clicks and doesn't move, etc.

I am up in Duluth~! I think we are heading out to Madeline Island Aug 10.. Should be a fun time if the weather is nice! https://www.facebook.com/events/206013829522229/
Old 07-30-2013, 09:43 AM
Registered

Ya you can find them pretty much everywhere. I got a package of 10 of eBay for like $8.

Dam that party looks like it would be awesome, but it is a 5 hour drive for me. Keep in touch if you ever get down south of Duluth. Crosslake has a pretty sweet sand bar to party at and overnight.

Rob
Old 07-30-2013, 12:21 PM
Charter Member#157
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Quick little step into this thread, about Cross Lake, been over 10 years since I have been there and that was only once. Was with someone else that knew the lake.
Where can one launch a 28'? and is there and where are some swimming areas? This sand bar only it?
Thanks

Originally Posted by 92nsx
Ya you can find them pretty much everywhere. I got a package of 10 of eBay for like $8.

Dam that party looks like it would be awesome, but it is a 5 hour drive for me. Keep in touch if you ever get down south of Duluth. Crosslake has a pretty sweet sand bar to party at and overnight.

Rob
Old 07-30-2013, 02:04 PM
Registered

You can launch pretty much any size boat at the landing on the very south end of crosslake (That's where I go). Plus it has plenty of parking for overnighting or staying the weekend. I have seen a 35 Donzi put in there. Also tjere is a bigger access on lower Hay lake but it is a gravel road leading to it. Ill pull up the map and mark the spots. There is a couple sand bars / shallow area in the middle of rush lake (I think is the name) that you can just swim at that is more family types. I'll make a map and post it.

Also green lake in Spicer mn has a huge sand bar that fits 70+ boats that has plenty of swimming area/play room for kids if you have them. Ill be going to green this weekend. Maybe crosslake Aug 10 weekend. mnfastboat also keep in toutch if your ever up this area. There are a few baja's that run around up here
Old 07-30-2013, 02:43 PM
Registered

Well the crosslake/whitefish chain is hard to fit all on one screen. Go to google Maps and copy n past the coordinates below. A green arrow should at the spot.

Crosslake Access (way southpoint) that i use to launch. 46.648523,-94.152199

Lower Hay lake access. 46.659967,-94.285558

Party island, sand bar. 46.687249,-94.133831

Famly sand bar. 46.692695,-94.137383
Plus there are a hand full of other spots. These are just the ones I frequent. There is also 3-4 bar/restaurants on the chain also.

Green Lake access I have seen a .38 Baja special be dropped in here. Its a really nice access. Green is pretty much the cleanest water in Mn. Water visibility prob 12 +feet!! Your boat comes out of the water cleaner then when you put it in unline the St. Croix

45.232228,-94.938097 , Sand bar: 45.274705,-94.893293

Any time you want to head to any of the lakes up around here let me know, we pretty much go somewhere every weekend. Gull Lake by Brainerd Mn is pretty nice also. Im located in Clearwater just south of St. Cloud right off I-94
Old 07-30-2013, 10:05 PM
Charter Member#157
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

sounds good, we are in albertville and am tired of tonka.
how are the patrols on these lakes? sound and speed? I have been know to want to blow out the cobwebs from time to time
hard to do on tonka, and the criox is just too damn far to go for total harassment.
cross seems like a 2 hour tow though but am wanting something different.
you really should think about the apostles! that run is awesome!
Old 07-31-2013, 07:28 AM
Registered

Your only maybe 20 min south of me! This weekend were headed to Green (as long as this weather turns around)

Cross will be a 2.5 Hr tow for you and Green is prob just under 1.5 hr.. Cross is a full tank of gas in the truck there & back. Green is half a tank there & back. I'll PM you my Cell #.

tonka! Ya I went there once with a Buddy in his donzi last year, and I really have no need to go back. WAY to may patrols (there everywhere!), Max speed limit of 40 mph, to many yachts & sail boats, ect.

CrossLake The fish police hang out pretty close to the party island and the no wake zones (rush lake area). How ever this year they now have 2 - 2013 ski doo jet skies in addition to the 2 boats. I never see then on upper or lower White fish. I my self have never been hasseled, they are pretty much looking for under age drinking and that guy that is WAY to drunk for his own good. There are plenty of speed/go fast boats on cross. There are a few cats up there with twin 300's outboards that will run 105-110 mph. If you ask me you just have to be responsible where you do it.

Green Lake there is normally only one out. He will swing threw the sand bar once or twice but all I see him do is check younger guys/gals ID's for being 21+. Other then that, no problems with clearing out the carbon that I or guys I have been boating with have run into.

Also I have 2 buddies on the St. Croix (31 scarab thunder and 43 scarab). They both have been repowering there boats all summer. The 43 should see 110-120 when done. His trip Potter engines are beautiful

Last edited by 92nsx; 07-31-2013 at 07:31 AM.