Power Steering issue >

Power Steering issue

Notices

Power Steering issue

Old 08-04-2013, 07:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Steering issue

I have the dual ram Imco set up on a 38 Powerquest and it gets very hard to steer at idle. The common "solution" I have been told is to drill the orifice out, which we did. No improvement. Has anyone tried one of the Hardin aftermarket pumps? They claim to improve the low speed response. Any other thoughts?
Old 08-05-2013, 01:01 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was having other issues with my new system a while back, I changed to one of those $$$$ they are made AGR by the way...saw no difference...but your pump sounds as it's down on pressure, so a new pump is going to be in order..what I was told is that these pumps use a bearing VS a bushing on the shaft and hold up much better...never took one all the way to see...assuming you have full Hyd steering right ?
Old 08-05-2013, 04:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, full hyd steering. Do you think I could have that much pump wear in only a couple hundred hours?