Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
06 GMC Brake Lights Not working??? >

06 GMC Brake Lights Not working???

Notices

06 GMC Brake Lights Not working???

Old 08-28-2013, 03:07 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 06 GMC Brake Lights Not working???

I have a 06 2500 GMC and I noticed the other day when I was getting launched at the ramp that my brake lights in the bed are not working. The third brake like works fine and the brake lights on the trailer work fine but not on the truck. I checked the bulbs and they are fine. The running lights even work. It's driving me crazy need some help.
Old 08-28-2013, 04:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by SimonS32
I have a 06 2500 GMC and I noticed the other day when I was getting launched at the ramp that my brake lights in the bed are not working. The third brake like works fine and the brake lights on the trailer work fine but not on the truck. I checked the bulbs and they are fine. The running lights even work. It's driving me crazy need some help.

you have a blown brake light fuse,,under the hood...their are 2 fuse's the one inside the cab id for the 3rd brake light and their are separate brake light fuse's for the trailer..it should read STOP LT or somthing of sort..
Old 08-30-2013, 06:48 AM
Registered

Not the issue. I have replaced all fusses even though they looked good. I am going to put a new brake light switch in today hopefully that does the trick.
Old 08-30-2013, 08:49 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by SimonS32
Not the issue. I have replaced all fusses even though they looked good. I am going to put a new brake light switch in today hopefully that does the trick.
Doubt it, if the trailer and third are working then the switch is good.
Old 08-30-2013, 05:29 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by FIXX
you have a blown brake light fuse,,under the hood...their are 2 fuse's the one inside the cab id for the 3rd brake light and their are separate brake light fuse's for the trailer..it should read STOP LT or somthing of sort..
Agree there are separate fuses for truck and trailer stop lights, however there may be a ground problem on the bed, easy to check with a test light
Old 08-30-2013, 05:52 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

See if the lights are working without the trailer. If not its the truck.

Wannabe
Old 08-30-2013, 10:55 PM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

Check the junction block on the frame crossmember behind the spare tire, seep rate plug for each tail light and they do come loose from time to time
Old 08-31-2013, 06:22 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Chevy tail light assemblies have small boards in them, I doubt it since it's both of them, but better to know all the possibles and take them one by one. Wiring shorts can really suck.