Donzi 26 ZX stock corsa exhaust question >

Donzi 26 ZX stock corsa exhaust question

Notices

Donzi 26 ZX stock corsa exhaust question

Old 09-01-2013, 02:09 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Donzi 26 ZX stock corsa exhaust question

Cleaning out all the rust pieces of the old diverter valves, I see a circular plate inside that looks welded to the outer case in 3 spots. This is looking in from the outside of the transom. I was able to loosen the rusty, center bolt and nut and there is another circular plate on the inside that I am trying to remove. Is this system removable? Adjustable? I was thinking about removing it altogether? Any way to modify this for increased flow? I guess this is a stock muffler and the plates are there to act as a muffler and also prevent excessive water intrusion from the transome? I was able to clean and polish the exterior housing and it looks pretty good now. Is this a good setup for making decent power? TBF
Old 09-30-2013, 08:19 PM
Registered

To update I ended up ripping all the guts out! What a PITA! No restriction now so this thing is going to sound beefy! TBF
Old 01-17-2014, 08:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I removed the Corsa Silencers and ordered Stainless exaust tips. Easy to replace as only 3 nuts on inside of transom hold the mufflers on as well as removing the big clamps. They stainless tips are alot louder and even in silent mode just so you know. Also if you have trouble with the silent choice as I did, corsa have a repair kit which includes the flappers, all hardware, new shafts with orings etc for around 200 bucks to do both sides. Cheers
Old 01-17-2014, 11:00 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

TBF, did your Corsa exhaust just come with the muffler tips, or did it also have the full time diverters (non switchable) that also routed the exhaust thru the prop at the same time? This is called the Quick N Quiet, and my understanding is that the prop exhaust helps cut down on back pressure at higher RPM's. Friend of mine has this setup, along with the 6.5" muffler tips on his HP500 with a ProCharger, and I don't think it is all that restrictive. Corsa says on their web page that this setup (with the 6 inch mufflers) meets Merc's backpressure levels for their SC 700 motors.
Old 01-18-2014, 01:58 AM
Registered

I have no idea what is original as I bought the boat with no engine and exhaust was in terrible shape.... Rusty pieces everywhere.....As far as I can tell boat was originally a 502 MPI and exhaust is all original. I did get a rebuild kit for the internal diverters and shafts. Unit has 4 pin connectors and has a switch to open and close the valve...... Tips are about 6" long and were moved up 4" to work with my taller risers. Boatyard guys said it was a ***** to remove the tips and looks like they were all original and never been removed since new..... 15 years??

It is pretty LOUD just running with no load and I can't wait to get it n the water and hear it with some throttle! I may have to keep a box of earplugs handy! TBF