Smartcraft on Garmin 5212 >

Smartcraft on Garmin 5212

Notices

Smartcraft on Garmin 5212

Old 09-21-2013, 09:59 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smartcraft on Garmin 5212

2002 Formula 400 SS, 496 MAG HO's. I have a Garmin 5212 GPS chartplotter. I was shopping around for a floscan set up for each engine so I could see real time fuel data. A guy at the marina said that I might already HAVE the set up in my Garmin??? I got out the manual and looked through the menu’s. I can’t get to the “Engine” menu because apparently my engines are not on the NMEA 2000 bus? Is this the case? Will this be as simple as buying the NMEA 2000 harness to connect my engines to the Garmin, or is there more I need to do to get these engines ‘talking’ to my Garmin? Any help or expertise appreciated.
Old 09-21-2013, 02:43 PM
artselectricinc.com
Platinum Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Easy route: buy the Garmin fuel flow sensors. I have the 5212 too. No hassle installation, and plug right into your existing nmea 2000 backbone. It's one of my favorite features of my Garmin system.