Looking at buying 388 >

Looking at buying 388

Notices

Looking at buying 388

Old 10-07-2013, 06:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking at buying 388

What are the benifits of the 388 over the competator boats!
Old 10-07-2013, 07:29 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Not sure what boats you are comparing the 388 with, but I can say for me the Slingshot provided great performance with decent cockpit and cabin space. The lines of the Slingshot are unique and the build quality is exceptional. I looked at and drove many boats before I purchased my Slingshot. Formula has more room but takes big power to get the speed of the Slingshot. The 38 Top Gun runs better in the rough but does not have the room or speed with the same power (Depending on T/S or straight bottom). Fountains are fast but do not have the cabin space of the Slingshot. All these boats have something to offer depending on what type of boating you do. My advise is look at all the boats you can and see what does it for you. If you find a Slingshot that meets your needs you will not be disappointed. I just sold mine and the new owner seems to enjoy it. They are great boats.

Chris
Old 10-07-2013, 08:28 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

don't go over 85 and your ok,,, not great, a little twitchy I think, good build quality. I would prefer, donzi zr 38 or 37 active thunder, and the best cigarette...
I have had them all.
Old 10-16-2013, 06:46 AM
Registered

what do u guys think about the scarab avs over the hustler for tops speed.. big water handeling
Old 10-16-2013, 09:27 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Which Hustler are you looking at, I looked at a bunch before I bought Chris' boat and can give you more info on the ones for sale and some that aren't listed. We are loving the boat like Chris said, he took awesome care of it.

Where do you plan to use the boat? What are you going to use it for (poker runs, over nighting, trips to the beach etc?).

We use the boat in the 1000 islands and lake Ontario and have put about 30hrs on it so far (had it about 10 weeks). let me know if you have any questions.

Vance