Notices

slant v-nose

Old 11-03-2013, 10:12 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default slant v-nose

Looking for info on slant v-nose trailers. I am buying a 7' x 16' W/ 30" v-nose. I have the option on a slant roof on the v or a complete flat roof with the v, does the slant help with aerodynamics? or is it wasted space in the V
Thanks,
Paul
Old 11-03-2013, 10:07 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,212 Likes on 525 Posts

Umm, you know this a boating site right?

Only personal experience I have with with such a trailer is with a very large squared front horse trailer; but feedback from friends is the rounded over nose is better. The V-nose can catch the wind and dart side to side, especially when passed by large blunt objects (large trucks, busses, and the like). This actually has been discussed on here at least once before. If you are buying a snowmobile trailer, the drive-through capability of a V-nose with a ramp oneor both sides is a huge advantage.

It all depends on your tow vehicles' aerodynamics and trailing effects as well. Towing with an SUV or a truck with a cap is different than towing with a pickup with no cap. Tonneau covers, wings, bug deflectors, mirrors, windshield visors... all affect aerodynamics and trailing effects as well.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 11-03-2013 at 10:10 PM.
Old 11-09-2013, 10:56 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 825 Likes on 378 Posts

What are you towing with? A 16 foot v as long as it doesn't have a square front will tow pretty decent as long as your not trying to tow it with a trail blazer or something. FWIW-my v nose 7 x 27 Predator stealth has both a vee and a slant, tows like a POS, throws my Duramax around like a s-10 on snowy/icy roads and the floors are falling apart/getting wavy between cross braces, trim is falling out of inside, door locks/hardware all corroded and froze up even though I paid for stainless upgrades and door seals all fell off so IF you are looking at that line they are JUNK after 2 years , Smitty
Old 11-11-2013, 07:55 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldn't even bother with the slant V. I'm not sure what you are going to haul in it but they are a wast of space and do nothing for you when you are going down the road. I am looking at a new V nose for our sleds right now and I will tell you if you are looking for a good all aluminum Trailer NEO has the market! Very nice trailers and you won't have the issues that "artic" is having. They are also priced very well!