Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
454mpi VI duel in boss 302 putting up have ?????? >

454mpi VI duel in boss 302 putting up have ??????

Notices

454mpi VI duel in boss 302 putting up have ??????

Old 12-21-2013, 06:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 454mpi VI duel in boss 302 putting up have ??????

Hey guys I have a 99 boss 302 baja w/454 mpi with open cooling system. I am putting the boat up for 2 months and will stored inside... I will not see freezing temps here in sc and I want to know what is needed to be done??? Add stabil to the gas and put stabil in the water/fuel seperators filters so at first start up things will get cleaned??? Pull cooling hose off???? Just a month ago did out drive service and also oil change and filter on both engines. Battery are on tenders in the OFF positions. Please let me get some input from all you expieranced guys!!!))) thanks
Old 12-21-2013, 08:21 PM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

Nothing.. mine sits from 2-4 months.. I drain the blocks, but really don't need to do anything else unless you put ethanol gas. If so, put stabil or seafoam in the fuel.
Old 12-21-2013, 08:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nailit, when you say drain the blocks can u explain a little more on exactly what you mean???? Thanks pal
Old 12-22-2013, 12:15 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

If you are 100% sure, you don't have to worry about freezing temps, then just put some Stabil in the fuel tank as a precaution and that is not really even needed.
Nothing else needs to be done for a 2 month lay up.
Old 12-22-2013, 03:26 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Griff
If you are 100% sure, you don't have to worry about freezing temps, then just put some Stabil in the fuel tank as a precaution and that is not really even needed.
Nothing else needs to be done for a 2 month lay up.
+1 Here in Pittsburgh sometimes it just rains for 2 months straight in the summer............I always use a ethanol fuel stabilizer but a 2 month layup has never been an issue at all.