Notices

Trailer Tire Rotation

Old 12-29-2013, 09:50 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Trailer Tire Rotation

Anyone do it? What sequence on a triple axle?
Old 12-29-2013, 10:04 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pwraddr
Anyone do it? What sequence on a triple axle?
Depends on which axle you are pivoting on, two axles will always slide when turning. Really depends on where the weight is set up on the trailer, usually the middle axle is the pivot point meaning it will get the least wear. I would look for the tires with the most wear and put them where the tires with the least wear are. On my trailer the back axle wears the fastest so I move my back axle to the second axle, second axle to the front axle and the front axle to the back. I usually do not worry about one side to the other, if you are seeing uneven tire wear, meaning one side of the tire wearing faster than the other, there may be an issue with axle alignment, or possiblly a bent spindle or axle. If you are having any of those issue post some pics of the tire and I can tell you what I think.
Old 12-29-2013, 10:17 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok, thanks, that all makes sense.

I honestly can't remember the wear, however the front axle tires look they they scrub when turning sharp.

I plan on getting new tires this summer so I'll keep the info in mind. Last summer I was going to bite the bullet before trailering to Boyne Thunder but waited until the last minute and no time. At that point the summer was over so I put it on hold.