Looking for silicone exhaust hose >

Looking for silicone exhaust hose

Notices

Looking for silicone exhaust hose

Old 01-24-2014, 04:46 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Looking for silicone exhaust hose

My boat was originally small block equipped, and as such, the exhaust holes through the transom are a little closer together than they would normally be for a big block application. This causes a slight alignment problem with my headers going to the tips. I used standard rubber exhaust hose in the past with no ill effects, but since the heads I switched to have raised exhaust ports, I am concerned that this may further complicate my issue. I have been looking for some of the flexible blue silicone exhaust hose because I have been told that it can handle higher temperatures and it is easier to bend. Does anyone have a source for some of this in 4 inch diameter? I really only need about six inches for each pipe.

Would this stuff work? => http://www.jamestowndistributors.com...ct_ad&type=pla

Thanks!
Old 01-24-2014, 05:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The silicone hump hose is designed to adjust for slight misalignments . . I have used the straight 4" round as well, adjusting for a 5-7 degree angle in a 6" distance. This will work as long as the two pipes to be joined are on a similar intersect . .

I have extra 4" OD blue silicone that I can sell, contact me directly, [email protected]