guidance needed on an efi swap please

Notices

guidance needed on an efi swap please

Old 02-09-2014, 11:58 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default guidance needed on an efi swap please

Looking for some guidance
I'm currently swapping a 454 /330 with a carbureted 502 mag and both engines are out of the boat.
Would the addition of the efi kit in the add below be a good way to improve power and driveability?
One caveat is I plan on running stock manifolds and thru hull exhaust, would adding this conversion be a waste with stock exhaust and or would I risk reversion?

Thanks

p.s. I am envious of the the engine knowledge you guys have

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

thanks[ATTACH=CONFIG]518275[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails guidance needed on an efi swap please-1654072_772130249463861_1571615245_n.jpg  
Old 02-09-2014, 08:33 PM
Registered

Default 90 views but no opinions.

Originally Posted by stimleck
Looking for some guidance
I'm currently swapping a 454 /330 with a carbureted 502 mag and both engines are out of the boat.
Would the addition of the efi kit in the add below be a good way to improve power and driveability?
One caveat is I plan on running stock manifolds and thru hull exhaust, would adding this conversion be a waste with stock exhaust and or would I risk reversion?

Thanks

p.s. I am envious of the the engine knowledge you guys have

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

thanks[ATTACH=CONFIG]518275[/ATTACH]

Anyone.
Old 02-10-2014, 11:41 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You will find many opinion's as to how well it will work. A basic efi system with a standard marine parts will get little performance benefit's from a efi system unless that is you do a very extensive upgrade. Aka OS sensor's to fine tune AFR's..that in turn would require exhaust headers...a very good backround in mapping or programing the efi it's self..injector duration's.. small change's in timing curves..I doubt very much if a very good tuner could get a 50hp increase out of a 500hp engine..i may be wrong but if properly carbed its highly unlikey.

If you were to go that far a good system would cost 5000 to only god know's...programming is not cheap and takes time skilled pro's are not zit popping comp nerd's. WIth that same investment one could turn that motor into a fire breathing dragon..With one caveat you will have to pump your throttle's to start the engine no turn key starting...a good execise actually it let's you know the state of the engine's tune every time you start her up.. Just a opinion however your milage may vary a tad.
Old 02-10-2014, 11:54 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,044 Likes on 1,356 Posts

Do you know what engine that EFI came off of ? MEFI ? is that an ASM throttle body ?
Old 02-10-2014, 09:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

read "efi for everyone" might get some idea's and answers. long read tho.
Old 02-11-2014, 07:13 PM
Registered

+1 long read but welll worth the time