525 efi part conversion >

525 efi part conversion

Notices

525 efi part conversion

Old 02-10-2014, 11:03 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 525 efi part conversion

hello, does anyone know what vehicle the 525efi power steering reservoir came off of...im not paying the $125.00 mercury wants and $40.00 for the reservoir cap... its gotta be a gm.... i already found what vehicle the pump came off of, which is $300.00 cheaper than what mercury wants...please let me know if anyone out there might know... thanks all
Old 02-10-2014, 01:36 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by daytona27
hello, does anyone know what vehicle the 525efi power steering reservoir came off of...im not paying the $125.00 mercury wants and $40.00 for the reservoir cap... its gotta be a gm.... i already found what vehicle the pump came off of, which is $300.00 cheaper than what mercury wants...please let me know if anyone out there might know... thanks all
I would love to see athread started that covers all parts that are available through auto at lower prices
Old 02-11-2014, 10:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by stimleck
I would love to see athread started that covers all parts that are available through auto at lower prices
Ok... found that the power steering pump is off of a 2004-06 pontiac gto....and 1983-87 cadillac deville's 4.1L.....the reservoir is from 1992-96 corvette LT1 / LT4..... both of the parts are no longer available through gm anymore.... I found a reservoir on ebay and the pump im going to rebuild with seals that "are" available through dealer...
Old 02-13-2014, 08:14 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Thanks for finding and posting that info!! Helps me out too!
now if only there was a car that used the blue serpentine pulleys