Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Classic Offshore
What year did first apache cat race? >

What year did first apache cat race?

Notices

What year did first apache cat race?

Old 03-10-2014, 10:23 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default What year did first apache cat race?

I know this boat raced in 1986 with three man cockpit and mercury stern drives, but when did it race with arnesons and two man cockpit? Charlie hope you don't mind me using your picture. If you do let me know and I will take it down.[ATTACH=CONFIG]520076[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails What year did first apache cat race?-image.jpg  
Old 03-11-2014, 07:50 AM
Registered

i think it was suppose to have Lamborghini power not sure if that is what is in the boat in this picture
Old 03-11-2014, 11:42 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

I believe there where two of those. But I think that one went on to become Labatts/Canada Homes Warpaint etc.. Around 1990ish Jack Stuteville did a referb job on it. I think he setup the transom (Notch) for sterndrives. I don't know if it had Arnesons on it when he started or not..JT & TnT started racing it and changed it around even more. It's had a Long life (As far as raceboats that kept racing goes)
Old 03-11-2014, 01:24 PM
Registered

That was a later apache cat, not the same boat as this. That one was 38 footer made out of glass.

Originally Posted by fastdonzi
I believe there where two of those. But I think that one went on to become Labatts/Canada Homes Warpaint etc.. Around 1990ish Jack Stuteville did a referb job on it. I think he setup the transom (Notch) for sterndrives. I don't know if it had Arnesons on it when he started or not..JT & TnT started racing it and changed it around even more. It's had a Long life (As far as raceboats that kept racing goes)
Old 03-11-2014, 02:24 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by chewiekw
I know this boat raced in 1986 with three man cockpit and mercury stern drives, but when did it race with arnesons and two man cockpit? Charlie hope you don't mind me using your picture. If you do let me know and I will take it down.[ATTACH=CONFIG]520076[/ATTACH]
This Apache cat did raced in 1986 until the crash that year @ the APBA Sodus Point Ny race on lake Ontario were Bob Saccenti,was injured.
Old 03-11-2014, 02:31 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

That was a later apache cat, not the same boat as this. That one was 38 footer made out of glass.
Here are a few pic's of this Apache cat when it was Canada Homes & later as Warpaint with the cut down deck.
Attached Thumbnails What year did first apache cat race?-apache-canadahomes3.jpg   What year did first apache cat race?-apache-cat222.jpg   What year did first apache cat race?-apache-12.jpg  

What year did first apache cat race?-apache-08.jpg   What year did first apache cat race?-apache-09.jpg  
Old 03-11-2014, 05:05 PM
Registered

it must be a picture from 1985 because it was powered by Lamborghini you can see the bull on either side of the cockpit...I wondered if it ever race in this configuration or was it just tested...
Old 03-11-2014, 08:38 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

The 4 exhaust pipes per engine, the early lambo if I recall had two sets of 3 cylinder headers on each side so 4 headers per engine in total
The following users liked this post:
I'CE (05-23-2021)
Old 03-14-2014, 04:25 PM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 87 Posts

As long as HORBA gets the credit, as you have done here.....no problem.
Old 03-14-2014, 10:54 PM
Registered

Received 74 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by HabanaJoe
The 4 exhaust pipes per engine, the early lambo if I recall had two sets of 3 cylinder headers on each side so 4 headers per engine in total
yes sir Joe that was the set up

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.