Time to shop for new insurance

Notices

Time to shop for new insurance

Old 03-24-2014, 08:37 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 74 Likes on 47 Posts
Default Time to shop for new insurance

:Just opened my insurance policy renewal and apparently ace would like me to pay for all the bullsh!t claims people must be making. My insurance on my OL went up last yr approximately $800. I wasn't happy with that ,but it had not gone up in A few yrs so I was ok with it. And now this yrs policy they want $1100 more. I have had marine insurance for over 20yrs with never a claim . I have been with ace for the last 12yrs with the OL. Ace even decided to change my agreed policy amount to actual cash value. Also have clean drivers license , no auto accident claims in over 15 yrs and outstanding credit..... I'm pissed ....

The insurance prices and fuel cost are getting so absurd , never mind the marina fees. I could belong to an exclusive country club for what all these costs are....

I would like to find new ins for the OL and my Searay. Maybe a multiboat discount , can't operate both at the same time..

Tom
Old 03-24-2014, 09:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was calling around today for a 25 Rage and they wanted 1242 at progressive! Crazy!!
Old 03-25-2014, 01:30 AM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 57 Posts

Progressive wouldn't insure me. Boat US was very reasonable.
Tom, your boats are a lot more expensive and higher speed/ hp but it wouldn't hurt to try Boat US. Good luck.
Old 03-25-2014, 05:56 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Contact Stacey at wake zone ins she is very helpful and will get you good prices and coverage.
Old 03-25-2014, 09:52 AM
Registered

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Avoid Geico.
Old 03-26-2014, 08:56 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 74 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by pro27
Contact Stacey at wake zone ins she is very helpful and will get you good prices and coverage.
yes, I'm going to get in touch with her and see what she can do..
Old 03-26-2014, 10:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have Geico written thru Seaworthy a Brookshire company. Have been happy with them and they where much cheaper than anyone else. I would like to know if there is something I'm missing because Pismo10 said to avoid.
Old 03-26-2014, 10:42 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Foremost, 35 Fountain 80k agreed value 500k liability $900.00 a year. It is batched through agent with house and cars.
Old 03-27-2014, 05:42 AM
Registered

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Mseuro
I have Geico written thru Seaworthy a Brookshire company. Have been happy with them and they where much cheaper than anyone else. I would like to know if there is something I'm missing because Pismo10 said to avoid.
I was in an accident with a guy who had Geico and their rates are low because they don't pay claims. They did not pay my claim, nor their own clients claim. Had to go to arbitration, etc, on and on until they finally paid me off and still refused to pay their own client (Arbs found him 100% responsible). They have low rates for a reason. There is no free lunch.
Old 03-27-2014, 07:20 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 84 Likes on 39 Posts

What Pismo said…Avoid Geico. I'm in the auto biz & we're involved in a similar issue with Geico right now. One of their insureds left the road, went through our parking lot and hit a brand new pickup hard enough to drive that vehicle into the one next to it, and then drove the 2 of them into a 3rd. Damage was substantial. Their driver was at fault. Geico's adjuster wrote an estimate to repair panels and underbody parts and spot paint…on new, untitled, 2014's.

We have customers who have had their vehicles towed to our shop and Geico refused to pay the tow bill because the customer called the wrecker instead of calling Geico and having Geico call the wrecker for them

. If you do some homework you can find all sorts of horror stories re. Geico. Call a few collision shops and ask them about Geico.

Wozencraft took care of me when my longtime agent couldn't. The also know exactly what the boat is, HP, speed, etc..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.