Notices

Lifting 2010 Chevy 2500 Duromax

Old 03-29-2014, 05:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lifting 2010 Chevy 2500 Duromax

Retiring this truck from daily usage and keeping it to tow the 38 Top Gun along with some small equipment from time to time.
The Gun sits on a Myco with electric over hydraulic brakes, the truck pulls it great right now but I really want to lift it along with wheels and tires and a chip. The concern is I don't want to ruin any towing and handling.
I'm just looking for the best kit to lift it. I'm thinking of 4" to 6"
Old 03-29-2014, 08:28 PM
Registered

Received 559 Likes on 335 Posts

Lifts with extended spindles supposedly handle better than kits with dropped upper a-arms. The problem is they widen the front track width too. When I ran a tuff country kit on my gmt400 I ran the minimum offset possible in the front and a little extra in the back.

I was planning on going to 20s which I believe would have allowed me to bring the front wheels in even tighter with less offset due to the extra clearance of the larger diameter wheel. If I was doing it again I would also use the real lift torsion bar relocators instead of the bracket that comes with most kits to drop the torsion bar bracket.

http://realiftsusp.com/Realifthistor...ardesigns.html

Last edited by hogie roll; 03-29-2014 at 08:33 PM.
Old 04-01-2014, 12:23 PM
Registered

Received 127 Likes on 74 Posts

If you want 4" check out Cognito Motorsports. The leveling kit on the new 2500's gets 4" now I believe.