Weldwood glue for carpet >

Weldwood glue for carpet

Notices

Weldwood glue for carpet

Old 04-02-2014, 11:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weldwood glue for carpet

What kind of Weldwood glue have you guys had good luck with. I found several types. There's a regular style, a gel and flammable and non - flammable. Any help on what you've used and the results would be appreciated! Thanks guys!
Old 04-03-2014, 05:51 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I just got done with mine and used the gel. Seems to be holding great but only time will tell?
Old 04-03-2014, 08:16 AM
Registered

I tried the glue and didn't like it, was a pain in the ass to apply, and it took forever to set up. Once completely cured it held ok, but even after cured if you get it wet it softens then when it dries it re cures. I ended up using the weldwood contact cement (which is what i think you were referring to), so much easier to apply, set up time very quick, way better hold then carpet glue, and it can be completely saturated in water and not loose its hold. They have a gel kind, and the original which is more of a liquid. They both hold the same, the original applies quicker with a roller, the gel you have to spread more with the roller. The original is runny though so on slanted or vertical surfaces it can run or drip. The professional installers use contact cement and spray it on. Use a ventilator mask, when using it lol
Old 04-03-2014, 04:57 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Yep I used the Weldwood gel contact cement from Lowe's. I went with the gel version and brushed it on (less chance of drips with gel vs liquid version) Then once both the carpet and boat had a coat of the gel I put the carpet down and used my fiberglass rollers to get it laid down nice and tight.
Old 04-07-2014, 09:38 AM
Registered

I'm in the carpet business, contact cement both sides to be attached. Let it set up 10 minutes. Stick it on.
You could carpet glass with this stuff. It will never come off. As said, ventilate. Its not a "good" buzz. JC