Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Crossover questions...done some searching already... >

Crossover questions...done some searching already...

Notices

Crossover questions...done some searching already...

Old 04-12-2014, 09:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crossover questions...done some searching already...

I have done some searching around and I still have some questions...

So I changed over to a crossover kit on my motor. First of all, its a 96 with the fuel pump on seawater pump. Second, it was a MPI motor, that I changed over to a carb set up with a dart intake.
So first question is, since I took off the water pump, do I just run the belt off the three grooved crank pulley, for the sea water pump and alt and power steering If so what belt do I need, for the seawater pump. Anyone got a part number?
Second question is, what do to with the little water hose that went from the front of the intake into the top of the water pump? I know the new thermo housing has three ports. Two for the water, and the third goes into the top of the crossover right? Do I just pipe plug the intake port? Or do I need to plug the third port on the thermo housing, and run the intake port to the crossover?
Third..where am I going to connect the wire that was on the original thermo housing, I assume its for a temp sender? Not really sure though..
Foruth..will my motor no run to cold, I read about some people running a by-pass???

Thanks..
Old 04-13-2014, 07:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

??