32' Cary Information...

Notices

32' Cary Information...

Old 05-07-2014, 04:01 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 32' Cary Information...

Trying to track down information on the original 32' Cary Beep Beeps... Everyone says "you need to talk to Charlie". But I can't get to Top Banana to ask ... His mailbox in both forums is full and no response from the HORBA site which is being rebuilt. Any assistance or relay of request would be appreciated. Going to need some details for the restoration. --- Regards
Old 05-10-2014, 12:07 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

[ATTACH=CONFIG]523216[/ATTACH]What do you want to know. I know your boat well. Is Dean still working on it?
Attached Thumbnails 32' Cary Information...-beep-beep-1.jpg  

Last edited by MidOcean; 05-10-2014 at 12:14 PM.
Old 05-10-2014, 12:14 PM
Registered

http://www.cal500.com/history/#prettyPhoto Here are some more pics
Old 05-12-2014, 08:00 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Yes... we gutted it and blasted it. Dean has the transom done and replaced the forward bulkhead and cockpit floor. I'm building the motors now and gathering parts.

Do you know the history on the boat? Owners? I know it lived in NY for a while. A couple bits and pieces of a foreigner owning it and sending it to Miami to be sold. Sat on your lot maybe for many years, then to SC and then to NC? Don't know... just what I read. Any photos I could track down. If it was one of the 32 Beep Beeps and I've heard there were 3... supposedly Charlie has photos. Just looking for anything I can find. Thanks in advance... John

The link you sent... I don't see anything there that pertains to that boat???

Last edited by jrlake; 05-12-2014 at 08:05 AM.
Old 05-12-2014, 01:37 PM
Registered

There should be a couple of the 32 Beep Beep in the Cal 500 stuff.

The boat was owned by Al Schwanke and Jim Tripp (Chao/ 34' Coyote) of Ft. Lauderdale for a while and was called "Grass Hopper" and then it was owned by Bobby Lathem of Lathem Marine. The boat's been around.

Todd
Old 05-13-2014, 07:50 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Todd I'm certainly not an expert on these, but seems that all the photos of the Cary's with the 3 ventilation holes on each side are the 32's and the 4 ventilation holes are the 38's. The "Beep Beeps" started out in 1975 running the 32' Production Class. Then they went to the 38's. Most of the photos out there are the 38's, so not that boat. That's point I keep being refereed back to HORBA to clarify. But currently the site is "asleep".
Old 05-13-2014, 12:31 PM
Registered

Hey guys,

Marc here from CAL500. If you need any information on these boats, feel free to email my father at [email protected]
I'm pretty sure he has some information on what you need to know, that and maybe who else to get in touch with.
Cheers!
Old 05-13-2014, 03:13 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Thank you Marc! I've sent an email to him. -- John
Old 05-13-2014, 08:50 PM
Registered

Received 201 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by MidOcean
[ATTACH=CONFIG]523216[/ATTACH]What do you want to know. I know your boat well. Is Dean still working on it?
The boat pictured here is a 38 foot boat that Joel raced in Open class.

He had a smaller 32 that he ran in the Sports division of the Production classes. To run in Production, you had to run small blocks as there was a cu in limit that had a max allowed.

You probably have the Sports boat. We do have some photos of that smaller boat but they are in the process of being scanned to be put up,on the HORBa site when it is redone.

The Sports boat ran trs drive tops with Speedmaster lowers on them and the engines were staggered. If all that sounds like what you have it is the same boat. The earlier 32 Cary's of Don were much wider boats as you can tell by the width of a 36 Cigarette....they were 32 's stretched to 36.

I noticed on the link to the Cal500 site there are a couple of photos of my 38 foot Top Banana. This Banana hull was a completely different design than Sonny used for La Tortuga. Count the number of strakes and notice their placement on the vee. JC Simon started with ideas that Sonny used and branched out to come up with the Banana design. Same mold was used for Coyotes later on also. Mold was blocked 4 feet and 34 footers were pulled...that is what Chaos race boat was a 34.

Last edited by Top Banana; 05-13-2014 at 08:56 PM.
Old 05-14-2014, 02:45 PM
Registered

Received 171 Likes on 70 Posts

Hi my name is Cary just like the boat. I think you may have my old boat. It was named Lazarus. It was white with staggered motors and number III drives. 1973. I knew the original owner and owned it until I sent it south to sell. I can tell you everything about it. I actually own Bob Latham s 29 Cary now. email me and I will give you any info. Or call me. [email protected]. Or (315)382-8828. Thanks Cary

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.