Notices

Maxxis tires

Old 05-13-2014, 09:37 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maxxis tires

I just picked up a set of 4 205/75/15 8 ply for $440 from http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-205-75R1...-/201061495117. I did allot of shopping and this was by far the best price I could find. Discount tire wanted more per tire plus they were going to charge shipping, tax and disposal fees because they would be shipped to my nearest location. In the end with them it was going to be like $650 for the tires and mounting.

Just wanted to pass along what I think is a great deal to anyone looking.
Old 05-13-2014, 09:46 AM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

I have enjoyed many sets of maxxis off road tires. I am sure yours will be nice also. Good bang for the buck.
Old 05-13-2014, 01:35 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

I just put Maxxis load range D 15" tires on my small cat trailer (single axle). I towed it the first time a few days ago have no complaints.
Old 05-13-2014, 02:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm hoping this cures my tire issues on this trailer. The trailer had 205/75/14 LR C which were way to small for my liking. I kept the same tire size but went up an inch in the rim to get to the LR D tire. The only company I found that makes a D in 14 inch is Kumho and the only place to get them is tire rack and they are not cheap. I called numerous Kumho dealers in my area to see if they could get them in and none of them had even heard of them. One guy did some checking and found out the Tire Rack is the only authorized dealer of the 857's which is their commercial tire. With as many trailer as I see running around out there with 14's I can't believe only one company makes a LR D tire.