Dyed vinyl question >

Dyed vinyl question

Notices

Dyed vinyl question

Old 05-20-2014, 08:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dyed vinyl question

Today I noticed my white vinyl looks a little pinkish purple. The only thing I can think of was I was charging my batteries and I had my black snap cover on. When I took my cover off it smelt kind of acidy. Has anyone ever done this before and is there a way to get it off?
Old 05-21-2014, 12:57 AM
Registered

where are you from and how old is the vinyl. I am from South florida and am dealing with a similar situation right now. Mine is yellowing. From what i understand there was a problem with the padding or the glue on the back of the vinyl about 2 years ago and it is bleading through i guess from the heat. The company who did the work are getting back to me on how or when they are going to fix this. I believe with new boats one company is replacing all for free. Some of this is second hand information but it is something for you to look into
Old 05-21-2014, 04:09 PM
Registered

I'm in Oklahoma and its 7 years old. Sun made it go away. So does anyone know what that means?
Old 05-21-2014, 10:41 PM
Registered

the sun bleached it back out. i had some big red spilled on my hatch. i cleaned it with a magic eraser which got most of it, and two days in the sun it was gone. i cant find where it was at anymore.
Old 05-22-2014, 05:51 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

When my daughter was about two she got hold of a ball point pen and did some "artwork" all over my front seat. Nothing would touch it, but 'Ol Sol took care of it for me over time.