Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Need some help guys! Just bought a new boat. >

Need some help guys! Just bought a new boat.

Notices

Need some help guys! Just bought a new boat.

Old 06-02-2014, 10:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some help guys! Just bought a new boat.

I bought a 25' Eliminator Daytona and can not figure out what motor mounts I need to be using with the angle mounts that are bolted to the stringers. Here's a pic of the mounts on the stringers. Any help would be greatly appreciated......

http://i986.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps50b08817.jpg

Last edited by mustangmark; 06-03-2014 at 01:29 AM.
Old 06-03-2014, 06:09 PM
Registered

Photobucket resized your picture really small, but it looks like just standard Mercruiser motor mounts taht came on tons of motors. I hope that helps!

http://www.mercruiserparts.com/Show_...=Engine+Mounts
Old 06-03-2014, 06:39 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

ok, what about the mount itself. there are 2 smaller holes 4 inches apart. so you would need 5 1/2 inches of length on those plates at a point that is 22 inches apart. and that point has to be 20 inches forward of the center of the rear mount holes. and, the plate has to be somewhere around 3 to 4 inches below the top of the leather washer on the rear mount holes. mine are at 3 1/2 inches down. looks like correct height. I don't know if standard merc mount will fit on those plates. OP could make up plates and bolt them in where the exisiting plates are. but FIRST, get merc mount brackets. get merc front mounts. cheap on ebay and they don't really wear out. bolt them to motor. hang it in place. get spline align tool and see where plate has to mount to stringers so engine can be aligned with drive. those plates he has now might be for some kind of solid motor mount. you will also need flywheel cover which is rear motor mount for merc. also need the flywheel cover which is rear motor mount, but you most likely already know that...

Last edited by dereknkathy; 06-03-2014 at 07:19 PM.
Old 06-05-2014, 12:11 AM
Registered

These angle mounts that are bolted to the stringers only have one hole. I found an Imco mount that looks similar but it's slotted and adjustable.
Old 06-05-2014, 05:38 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

i assume you bought boat with empty engine compartment. guy you got it from may still have mounts laying around. worth asking him. but it will probably be easier-quicker-cheaper to fab mount plates that fit standard stuff than to search the world for mounts that fit those plates.
Old 06-05-2014, 08:24 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by dereknkathy
i assume you bought boat with empty engine compartment. guy you got it from may still have mounts laying around. worth asking him. but it will probably be easier-quicker-cheaper to fab mount plates that fit standard stuff than to search the world for mounts that fit those plates.
+1
I see the picture better on this computer, and that is different than stock, but the location appears to be close to where the stock mount are located. Unless you can get the mounts from the previous owner, changing it to stock would be the best solution. You could try calling Eliminator and ask them, because they look they were mounted there from the factory.
Old 06-06-2014, 09:47 PM
Registered

I called the seller today and asked what mounts I needed. From what I understand after talking with him is .....that the mounts that bolt to the motor are stock and sit right on top of the aluminum plates mounted to the stringers and are held together with a nut and bolt. Anyone ever ran a mount like this? It's suppose to make the stock mount assembly stronger by removing the rubber mount and stud that are normally bolted to the mount on the stringer and bolting the upper and lower mounts together. He said that the drive alignment is adjusted by shimming between the upper and lower mounts. Looks to me like the mounts bolted to the stringers are raised up from the stock location. Any thoughts guys? This is a nice boat and I want everything right.

Last edited by mustangmark; 06-06-2014 at 09:52 PM.
Old 06-07-2014, 10:02 AM
Registered

Location: Omaha, Nebraska. Boat on the Mighty Mo! Longest river in the USA!
Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

I will get a pic posted tonight or tomorrow if it ever stops RAINING.
Old 06-07-2014, 08:21 PM
Registered

Thanks 1BIG JIM!
Old 06-09-2014, 03:14 PM
Registered

Location: Omaha, Nebraska. Boat on the Mighty Mo! Longest river in the USA!
Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

Probably will not help. I thought I had different mounts. These look like the standard bolted on top of metal plate.
Attached Thumbnails Need some help guys! Just bought a new boat.-engine-mount.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.